DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Air

The aircraft didn't enter RTH mode because you had set the failsafe action to "Landing".

View attachment 77488

The connection was lost because the aircraft descended. There was still progress back towards the home point since you were applying forward elevator, but that stopped when the uplink was lost. After the final loss of signal the aircraft the aircraft was approximately 34 meters above the ground, and should have descended vertically and landed. How accurately do you think you located the last known position? That is where it should be.

View attachment 77489
Sheesh...I would like to say that i think that you taking the time to help is wonderful...sharing + helping someone on your own time with no interest other than using your knowledge for a person in need is a commendable thing to do + i THANK YOU for doing so

Hi Guys . Haven’t given up yet but the search has not turned up the drone . Thanks for all of your time , effort , and obvious expertise in trying to help me undo a rookie mistake . Searched again this morning starting at the last ping then going in ever increasing circles . Also searching in tracks parallel to the flight log track . I was on the last ping location within 15 minutes of loss and would have thought that my drone and controller would have reconnected if they had been in close proximity . Controller and drone had at least 50 percent battery so I’m starting to think that the drone continued forward motion . Anyways , I’ve used up enough if your time and think I will soon be chalking this up to a hard lesson . Thanks again , all ! TC

Hi Guys . Haven’t given up yet but the search has not turned up the drone . Thanks for all of your time , effort , and obvious expertise in trying to help me undo a rookie mistake . Searched again this morning starting at the last ping then going in ever increasing circles . Also searching in tracks parallel to the flight log track . I was on the last ping location within 15 minutes of loss and would have thought that my drone and controller would have reconnected if they had been in close proximity . Controller and drone had at least 50 percent battery so I’m starting to think that the drone continued forward motion . Anyways , I’ve used up enough if your time and think I will soon be chalking this up to a hard lesson . Thanks again , all ! TC

It definitely landed because that was the failsafe action, and it has to be close to that last position. After it lost connection at the end, did you continue with stick inputs and, if so, do you recall what and for how long?

It definitely landed because that was the failsafe action, and it has to be close to that last position. After it lost connection at the end, did you continue with stick inputs and, if so, do you recall what and for how long?
When I lost connection and my screen went dark , I don’t remember exactly what I did next but I would think that I would have instinctively tried to gain altitude to regain or strengthen signal . Other than that , I can’t say with certainty what I did , ( other than nearly throw up in my mouth ) ...

When I lost connection and my screen went dark , I don’t remember exactly what I did next but I would think that I would have instinctively tried to gain altitude to regain or strengthen signal . Other than that , I can’t say with certainty what I did , ( other than nearly throw up in my mouth ) ...

Given the terrain you have destined, it would not surprise me if you walked right by the drone. Like an Easter Egg, these drones can be hard to find, even when you know roughy where to start looking.

Best of luck recovering your bird!

Reactions: TiagoDS and sar104
Thanks for the encouragement ! I’m not throwing in the towel yet . I’ll keep looking and go back to square one . On the upside , I did find someone’s pot plants . Not exactly the reward I was hoping for . TC
Maybe not, but they could help ease the pain of losing your drone, Lol.

Seriously though... if you have spotted pot plants, you should be extra cautious... certain folks might get the wrong impression, some folks have been known to set boobytraps to protect their crop, etc.

Reactions: HVYMTL and sar104
Seriously though... if you have spotted pot plants, you should be extra cautious... certain folks might get the wrong impression, some folks have been known to set boobytraps to protect their crop, etc.
This is true, but highly doubtful with 300ft of a major highway. You never know though.

I think it’s gone, think about it. If I have plants I don’t want others to know and wow a drone on the ground there. Yep I’m grabbing it. Your crazy to think no one seen you there looking around already. Basing this on what was said already.

I think it’s gone, think about it. If I have plants I don’t want others to know and wow a drone on the ground there. Yep I’m grabbing it.
Rather far fetched in the location of the incident. Not to say it is not possible, but whomever owns the land which appears to be plowed and rowed, would remove it if it were found. I know I would not want to find one in my corn field. But would attempt to locate the source to return it to the owner. Your point is valid however.

Reactions: razoraerial
Maybe you could check with the county office that maintains deeds and find out who owns the property. If it's the same person who's cultivating the weed perhaps they would understand you're just looking for your errant drone and nothing else.

Reactions: razoraerial
Great comments ! As I mentioned earlier in our dialogues , The satellite overlay maps that show well groomed fields are at least several years old and do not accurately represent what I am now contending with .This mornings search had me chopping pathways through 9 foot high bull rushes with a machete .I felt as though I was in the movie Platoon ! I guess looking at those pics you would think I must be Helen Keller not to have been able to find my drone . But I was on site within 15 minutes of the original loss and although not impossible that someone made off with my drone I'll assume that I'm not quite in the right spot and I'll keep searching for awhile longer . As far as the now legal plants go ,There wasn't very many , a quantity easily justified by an amount for personal use . Believe me , I didn't accidentally stumble on one of Escobars northern hideouts . I'll be back out early in the morning ( too hot during the daytime) and you will be the first to hear of my success should that happen . TC

Last resort, print a few posters to try stick around the area , lamp posts or anythg.
Never know someone might find it and contact u.
Remember to put in Rewards for returning. [emoji1]
Good luck pal..

Last resort, print a few posters to try stick around the area , lamp posts or anythg.
Never know someone might find it and contact u.
Remember to put in Rewards for returning. [emoji1]
Good luck pal..
Great suggestion . Will do ! Thanks .

Something else that may help in a long shot is bring a metal detector out there with you. I had one incident where I had to locate a metal corner pin and must have walked within inches of it numerous times. Brought a metal detector next time and located it almost immediately. I think there should be enough metal in the drone for a detector to pick it up.

Good luck !

Reactions: DinoGarret and Shon
every Mavic has a unique ID. Every time you hook it up to a computer or mobile phone using the RC, DJI gets the respective IP.
Thus, if someone has taken your drone away and already tried to use it, DJI will probably know it. I would try to contact them, maybe they can give you some information. If you cannot get your drone back that way at least you dont waste anymore time searching for it.

Every time you hook it up to a computer or mobile phone using the RC, DJI gets the respective IP.
Can you cite your sources? As far as I know this is not, nor has been true.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EwaKrzyzanowska