DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic on atti mode

This making hard time for me the girl who got my drome said their security confiscated it. We got the security guard number and it seems like he want to extract money. Hendont want to tell where it is and telling that he will contact me for instruction how get it back. I have no options but to use my own connections. Lets see what will happen this guy is trying to play some game

BTW it fell down in one of microelectrinics plant in my area

Sounds like extortion. Call the police.

I'd be will to pay at least a 100 for a reward to get my fly away back! Regardless, sorry about your bad day and good luck no matter the outcome.

Never without it.
3852ed68b7264096a21c9aeda4867c39.jpg

Any link as to where to buy the tracker, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray_seagull
Sounds like extortion. Call the police.
Yes thats what I did I went there with a police officer and it looks like they wanted to make money on it. But I manage to get it and gave them some small reward just for spirit of xmas

Yes thats what I did I went there with a police officer and it looks like they wanted to make money on it. But I manage to get it and gave them some small reward just for spirit of xmas
Result!

Much damage?

People are screwed. If thier kid lost thier bike would they like it if someone asked for money? That person would of asked for money if they found some kids bike too. What ever happened to just doing the right thing?
Karma is a ***** and she comes back 10 fold!!

Reactions: Turn11 and DCatalo
First I want to say im sorry this happened to you, and I hope you find it or it gets returned. I think they should remove atti mode. I have somewhere around 75 flying hours in between 4 DJI drones and theres nothing more scary than atti mode. I am comfortable in vision mode if need be but atti mode always leads to some sort of problem, and that normally gets expensive!! This is why I stopped being inpatient and wait for gps signal to catch up so I know how strong of a signal I have. I won't fly at whatever place I am if its atti mode ( and im addicted to flying so its not easy to walk away) . though the one thing I have done is I have my name and number on my drone and batteries just in case. Im going to get a tracking device for all my drones soon.

First I want to say im sorry this happened to you, and I hope you find it or it gets returned. I think they should remove atti mode. I have somewhere around 75 flying hours in between 4 DJI drones and theres nothing more scary than atti mode. I am comfortable in vision mode if need be but atti mode always leads to some sort of problem, and that normally gets expensive!! This is why I stopped being inpatient and wait for gps signal to catch up so I know how strong of a signal I have. I won't fly at whatever place I am if its atti mode ( and im addicted to flying so its not easy to walk away) . though the one thing I have done is I have my name and number on my drone and batteries just in case. Im going to get a tracking device for all my drones soon.
You are absolutely right I learned my lesson well. I will be very carefull next time. For now my first task on 2018 is to visit the repair shop and let them repair my mavic and my P4. Gonna be first expenses of 2018

Attachments

• 88864380-E399-47A8-B4D8-50703CDC4BA9.jpeg
    88864380-E399-47A8-B4D8-50703CDC4BA9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Reactions: DCatalo
been looking at getting one but if ur in the UK what network sim do you suggest?
I use o2 classic PAYG. Sim has to support GPRS.

5p per min/text/MB.

There may be cheaper options from virtual networks etc but not really a problem. Costs 5p everytime you want a location or 5p per MB going the data route. Uses very little data. A tenner credit once set up will prob do you for years.

I use o2 classic PAYG. Sim has to support GPRS.

5p per min/text/MB.

There may be cheaper options from virtual networks etc but not really a problem. Costs 5p everytime you want a location or 5p per MB going the data route. Uses very little data. A tenner credit once set up will prob do you for years.

is that the "classic"" sim that does not need monthly top up's? ie: £10.00 credit lasts 6 months before having to top up again??

Stay on the sticks in Atti Mode... you are pretty much at the mercy of the wind once you stop entering commands. I learned that quickly while flying at the beach. The big I2 is the same way with good wind speed. The wind wind is noooo joke and can take it away from you with great speed.

Reactions: FuzLogix and Oil
I use a RF-V16 GPS tracker, cost about £18.

Works great.
Those are pretty nice. I almost bought one, but where I travel, I was worried about cell connections, etc. anyway, I ended up with a Marco Polo tracker. A little expensive at about $220, but is very small and light, uses no cell or satellites, has a 30 day battery life, and up to a 2 mile range in the open. I tested it in fairly rugged mountains in Southern Russia (by hiking with it away from my friends cabin an they got a reliable lock at up to 3/4 to 1 mile (depending on the terrain). May not seem like much, but I think if my Mavic went down, I could use my cached maps to get close to the vicinity to where it would lock on and I could get it. The locator handheld is a bit clunky looking but works flawlessly. For me, it gives me confidence should my MP go down. But if you are not going to be out in the wild, the V16 seems to be a great option. Btw... thanks to all for all the info from which I have learned so much.

Reactions: Callum
This making hard time for me the girl who got my drome said their security confiscated it. We got the security guard number and it seems like he want to extract money. Hendont want to tell where it is and telling that he will contact me for instruction how get it back. I have no options but to use my own connections. Lets see what will happen this guy is trying to play some game

BTW it fell down in one of microelectrinics plant in my area

Can you call the police

Reactions: Callum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet