DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low noise propeller

PJNEWPILOT2018

Reactions
Hi anyone and everyone, has anybody tried the low noise gold propellers on the Mavic Pro not platinum? Is there a difference and it is worth it? On amazon they are £9:20 a pair is that a good price?

I've tried them (along with lots of other people here). They make the Mavic Pro a little bit quieter. I haven't noticed any other benefits.

Reactions: PJNEWPILOT2018
Hi,

I bought a pair at the Dji flagstore in Hong kong during my holiday.
Well they definitely reduce the noise a bit in performance i didn’t see any difference but i didn’t measure flight times to compare with the old ones.
One thing i have noticed though is that they are a lot more fragile then the original props. The tips can easily break if your not careful folding them and inserting in the Mavic carry bag. Give it a try they are not very expensive.

Hi anyone and everyone, has anybody tried the low noise gold propellers on the Mavic Pro not platinum? Is there a difference and it is worth it? On amazon they are £9:20 a pair is that a good price?

Make sure you buy from an authorised dji reseller as there are a lot of poor quality copies out there.

Thanks guys I wanted to buy some new ones and hoped that these would reduce noise and increase flight time, even a few minutes would not hurt. But that comment about being more fragile is a bit worrying.

Thanks guys I wanted to buy some new ones and hoped that these would reduce noise and increase flight time, even a few minutes would not hurt. But that comment about being more fragile is a bit worrying.

I'm still using my first pair of normal props so the original ones seem to be much tougher than the new low noise ones.

Fragile? Maybe, but under what circumstance? They spin through the air. They’re fine. And I say noticeably quieter. I just got a second pair for Christmas and won’t fly with any other prop.

Fragile? Maybe, but under what circumstance? They spin through the air. They’re fine. And I say noticeably quieter. I just got a second pair for Christmas and won’t fly with any other prop.

Thank you based on that I will buy a set, just need to make sure I pay the best price because they seem to vary

Thank you based on that I will buy a set, just need to make sure I pay the best price because they seem to vary

As pointed out earlier, make sure they are DJI and not copies, DJI props always come in pairs in the DJI branded box.

I’ve not used my drone much since I fitted the low-noise props. They are quieter, and that can be worth it for many of us. I do suspect the Mavic might not be as stable with these props. I thought mine was wandering about more then I’m used to. I think there have been a few posts about this issue.

I’ve not used my drone much since I fitted the low-noise props. They are quieter, and that can be worth it for many of us. I do suspect the Mavic might not be as stable with these props. I thought mine was wandering about more then I’m used to. I think there have been a few posts about this issue.

That’s interesting, the fact that it wonders a bit is not a good thing to hear, stability is reassuring when we fly so any deviation is not a good thing. What kind of conditions were you flying in? Was it windy? I must admit the blades that came with it seem pretty good so I would only buy low noise blades if they give me some improvement, I guess the only way is to buy them and get my own experience. I’ll buy them this week and give feedback on my experience.

These propellers have been out for months. If you do a search for "low noise propellers" you'll find dozens of existing threads and more information than you could ever possibly want.

That’s interesting, the fact that it wonders a bit is not a good thing to hear, stability is reassuring when we fly so any deviation is not a good thing. What kind of conditions were you flying in? Was it windy? I must admit the blades that came with it seem pretty good so I would only buy low noise blades if they give me some improvement, I guess the only way is to buy them and get my own experience. I’ll buy them this week and give feedback on my experience.

It wasn’t windy. Maybe 5mph wind speed. It wandered around maybe a metre either way at a height of about three metres, so I’m guessing it was using visual positioning. I’d say it was wandering more than I was used to. It doesn’t put me off the blades though. I think you should give them a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111