DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lower the sound of the controller?

alexjo55

Reactions
one of the things i hate about the mini 3 controller is that it sound so loud when battery level hits 20%.
If i fly it at home, my neighbours can wonder if its some sort of alarm.
Even worse if you fly in a park or something with people around.

Can i lower the sound of the controller?

one of the things i hate about the mini 3 controller is that it sound so loud when battery level hits 20%.
If i fly it at home, my neighbours can wonder if its some sort of alarm.
Even worse if you fly in a park or something with people around.

Can i lower the sound of the controller?
Cotton wool and tape over the back slot where the sound blares from....

You can do it only with a hardware modification. RC-N1 controller (the one without the screen) uses buzzer like this:
buzzer.jpg

You need to open your controller and either remove it completely or put some soundproof material on top of it to make it less noisy.

IOW sorry no, no volume setting in Fly.

If you want to upgrade to the DJI RC, you can control the volume on that device.

Interesting. I just switched over to the DJI RC and didn't notice there was a volume control. May I ask where it is? Thanks!

Interesting. I just switched over to the DJI RC and didn't notice there was a volume control. May I ask where it is? Thanks!
In the Go Fly screen, swipe down from the very top TWICE. The brightness and volume controls appear at the bottom.

In the Go Fly screen, swipe down from the very top TWICE. The brightness and volume controls appear at the bottom.
Works on any screen.

You can also access screen recording here, display brightness, Android settings, turn wifi and BT on and off, and some other stuff.

Reactions: Joe Horn
the one with no screen built in.
I actually modded my controller of the Mini 2 to achieve this without opening it. These pictures show where the beeper is situated. Simply set the depth of your drill bit at 2mm, just enough to make it through the case of the controller, then thread in a small screw. You can use this to apply pressure to the diaphragm of the speaker to suit your needs.

Attachments

• 032748q6m6bw6zvdvibbdv.jpg
    032748q6m6bw6zvdvibbdv.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 040744iclsl0ec37gmw7lb.jpg
    040744iclsl0ec37gmw7lb.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 01-50-16 Disable Beeping .png
    Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 01-50-16 Disable Beeping .png
    2.7 MB · Views: 16
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals