DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 and DJI Racing Googles

Hello!!

Do you know if any app or if there is a way to connect a MA2 with DJI Racing Googles?

Thank
Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

Sorry but neither the white DJI goggles or the black RE goggles works so far with the DJI Mavic Air 2 & it's not certain that they ever will either.

not sure what your asking. The Mavic 2 works with the goggles re edition
when your wearing the goggles its a bit confusing at first I have the pro and had issues so I selected a different model and it worked.
He's not asking about any Mavic 2 ... the MA2Pro & Zoom is compatible but the Mavic Air 2 isn't as of today.

this is one way

The main problem with all these various screen mirroring ways is that you can't control the app in any way directly from the goggles ... you need to peak out from the goggles & make the adjustments on the RC attached screen. No head controlling of the aircraft is possible either. And usually this way of conveying the live view to the goggles introduce lag & picture stuttering.

But yeah ... if you are prepared to shell out the money & not get near to full functionality and can live with some hazzle it's an alternative.

Try this link:
Yep ... that way of getting in the live view into the goggles have been around for a while.

But that doesn't make them compatible ... the only benefit doing like that is that you get the live view into the goggles, but it will be with a delay up to 1-2 sec & no functionality normally coming with the goggles will work. You will not be able to control anything from the goggles, like all the app functions & modes ... head steering like camera pitch & AC yaw. Every time you need to interact with any app functionality you need to rise the goggles & do it in the app.

For what the DJI goggles cost ... you get nearly nothing if using them by means of mirroring in the live view... you get cheaper off & no lag if just buying a pair of cheap box goggles & put your mobile device directly inside

Your reply is just what I was looking for. Thanks so much. By the way, what would you buy if you have 400 to spend on a FPV system for the Mavic Air 2? And is there anything up with the ver 2 of the FPV goggles that DJI just came out with? Meaning, can they, ver 1 or 2 can be used with this Mavic Air 2. Also, just a quick observance. I had the Mavic Pro and never used it much because it lagged responsiveness unlike my new Air 2. Just love flying it.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm see that now. I guess i just have to get a headset for my cell phone and change the software to dronevr or litchi. Your thoughts, please.
All depends on what your need is & why you want to use goggles ... if it's only to get rid of reflections in your mobile device I think you will be better off going with a sunshade around the screen. If you think flying with goggles will give you other benefits than that ... like a more immersive experience, or easier to go low & close I doubt that... funny in the beginning but fiddly in the long run.

If you anyway go for some kind of box goggles I recommend going for a pair that don't try to generate any kind of 3D feeling by using 2 lenses & a special app with 2 views ... like Litchi's solution. Instead one lens making it possible to use whatever app you're used to ... like the DJI FLY app directly.

I have these like a gimmick --> MOVIEMASK ... they work OK, but have to make any app adjustments before take-off (as the phone is inside the goggles during flight) & use the camera buttons on the RC if I want to film or take stills.

Thanks for the thoughts. just want everything...no glare, immersion experience, and wait for this... Just found out that I can share the cell phone screen with the bride while my cell phone headset is working too. Meaning, we need a third for a spotter. lol. anyway, could just use the phones in screen share using the samsungs s9+ & s10+ and just get headsets to hold them and use the dji fly app only. just a thought. im using agile's screen share app. open on both phones in bluetooth open on both, add the http://190.00.0.0:0000 (example) on the receiving cell phone and there you go. Oh, no latency at all.

Thanks for the thoughts. just want everything...no glare, immersion experience, and wait for this... Just found out that I can share the cell phone screen with the bride while my cell phone headset is working too. Meaning, we need a third for a spotter. lol. anyway, could just use the phones in screen share using the samsungs s9+ & s10+ and just get headsets to hold them and use the dji fly app only. just a thought. im using agile's screen share app. open on both phones in bluetooth open on both, add the http://190.00.0.0:0000 (example) on the receiving cell phone and there you go. Oh, no latency at all.
Hey hi there, which headset did you end up going with?

Hey hi there, which headset did you end up going with?
Still looking. But, thanks to Amazon's great return policy I'm now looking at:

VeeR Falcon VR Headset,​

3x Samsung Gear VR from different years production. What I've experienced is simple. Using the S10 plus cell, I find that the cheaper headset has two main faults. First being the alignment of the lettering, second, the focus, which means I have to wear my 2x readers and need more room inside the headset to accommodate them. Thanks for your concern. Hope this info helps.​

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic