DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mad about the Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

PointJoe

Reactions
Anyone else disappointed in what's happened to this site? I joined Mavic Pilots and immediately began absorbing an amazing amount of information on my new Mavic drone. I learned about other Mavic models. I read almost all posts and now feel comfortable with most aspects of aerial videography and photography. Then it seemed this site was hijacked ... by the Mini. Please. Over half the posts today were Mini related. It's been a daily thing. How much information do I need about a drone I have no intention of buying? I admire DJI for the design, the technology, the accessibility ... but it's a lesser model than the M2P ... and other Mavics. The experiences among new owners are mixed. Being less than 250 grams is a technological achievement, yes, but the camera capabilities are compromised. Is it possible for the site managers to start a dedicated site for Mini enthusiasts ... and return this site to the rest of us?

We have a dedicated section for it. Don’t want to read about
it don’t go in it. Just read in the sections that interest you.
Thumbswayup

I'm willing to bet the Phantom Pilots were saying the same things about the new mavic pilots back in the day . . . many of them are flying mavics today. I feel you pointjoe; we have to yield space to them too. The posts are nothing . . . wait till they invade the airspace up there in Pebble Beach. You'll be hollering for sure . . . ? ? ?

I'm willing to bet the Phantom Pilots were saying the same things about the new mavic pilots back in the day . . . many of them are flying mavics today. I feel you pointjoe; we have to yield space to them too. The posts are nothing . . . wait till they invade the airspace up there in Pebble Beach. You'll be hollering for sure . . . ? ? ?
Hah! You're probably right, but look, the Mavic Forum separated from the Phantom Pilots.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I know there's a way to subscribe to a forum. How about a way to filter out forums from searches?
I use Timeline in the app. That tends to repeat topics in its list

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Hah! You're probably right, but look, the Mavic Forum separated from the Phantom Pilots.

That is because the Mavic product line is significantly different to the Phantom line-up. The Mavic Mini is just another Mavic so it doesn't make sense to create a separate forum.

The suggestion made earlier to simply ignore Mavic Mini related content is probably the best way to go in your case.

Overall it is here the DJI push to use MAVIC as their lead branding.
Pretty much all new drones of this category will likely be called the Mavic [new model]

When I joined it was MP (M1P) and MPP, then those pesky M2P, M2Z, M2E, MA, and now MM owners started blowing in ? ;)

Boy, you have to watch those sub forums popping up in 'New posts' to be sure how you replied then.

Just be grateful we don't have to put up with the Mavic Phantoms, Mavic Tellos, Mavic Matrices !

I know there's a way to subscribe to a forum. How about a way to filter out forums from searches?
I use Timeline in the app. That tends to repeat topics in its list

Yes, I get it on my phone as a total list, click new posts, then can scan and read as I like.
You can't see sub forum category that view, so take a chance on reading something you can't help with, or have no interset in, but overall it's a quick way to scan.
I use the same New posts reading on my desktop.

You can subscribe to whatever forums you like, then click to view your subscribed sections, Forums > Watched forums
But you will feel like you're missing out ? ?

what is it with the new MM,constant moans ,negativity and complaints,since it came out and now someone does not even want it to be talked about on this forum,where will it all end,

yes its different ,yes it small yes it is not what our present mavics are in terms of what it can do,so get over it , as DC said if you are not interested in it then dont bother to read posts about it. this is the Mavic forum and it is a mavic nuff said

Yes, but without a means to globally filter it out, it gets mixed in under the New Posts and similar features of the forum.
I tend to skip over Pilot Check In and Photos and Videos, but I'd love to be able to globally filter those out from the global searches.

Otherwise you have to manually go from forum to forum, and there's a lot of them here.

I kind of saw this coming...

Without sounding pious or resentful about it, Mavic members generally researched or Googled for answers to questions before posting he.

I'm now seeing lots of posts where new users are expecting members to answer all of their questions before searching themselves for answers.

It feels a little lazy and rude.

I kind of saw this coming...

Without sounding pious or resentful about it, Mavic members generally researched or Googled for answers to questions before posting he.

I'm now seeing lots of posts where new users are expecting members to answer all of their questions before searching themselves for answers.

It feels a little lazy and rude.

There are a lot of reasons for this but new members who ask questions with obvious or easily researched answers are often called out by other forum members - they usually get the message and take on board constructive criticism. However in their defense a google search will sometimes return conflicting and/or incorrect information, so they come here to get the good oil from bona fide drone experts.

At the end of the day this is a free internet forum - it's not like you're engaging a professional service with associated fees. After you have been here a while you'll start to recognise the real experts with real experience.

This is just how forums generally work. And that certainly explains why there are 71,794 threads in this forum today.

No, I have no problems with Mavic Mini threads either, apart from the duplication and way many overlap at the moment.

Hard to keep up with what's going on, and where you saw it.
Things will settle with it like others in the past.

It's not too hard to read what you want and click on something of interest if you are interested.

Reactions: old man mavic
The Mavic Mini is just another Mavic

The Spark is also just another Mavic - it literally runs Mavic line software as evident by DJIGO hacks; its model name is "MM1" which is stands for... Mavic Mini, its original codename - and yet it has its own forum. ?

I'd also like the ability to ignore threads or entire categories. I'm using the "what's new" feature and it's often getting clogged up with fluff. I could make myself a browser addon for that but it's just a half-measure and wouldn't really reduce the number of clicks since the pages are all backend rendered.

Reactions: DanMan32
At least for releasing it in beta form and calling it production, and not enough supply. The problems is what's mainly driving the flood.
so whats new

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fastdove