DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Madeira, Portugal

Thank you Ceirsik :)

The thing with drones is that they give us the ability to give a completely different view from places, even to people who go there! :)

For years, as a pilot, I've been enjoying views like these during takeoffs, departures, approaches and landings and I am now able to share these POV with others.

Stay tuned for some Azores footage. It will take a while but, I promise, it will be quite engaging.

MK

Thank you Ceirsik :)

The thing with drones is that they give us the ability to give a completely different view from places, even to people who go there! :)

For years, as a pilot, I've been enjoying views like these during takeoffs, departures, approaches and landings and I am now able to share these POV with others.

Stay tuned for some Azores footage. It will take a while but, I promise, it will be quite engaging.

MK

Hello, i am new here. I have one question, I need any permision to fly my drone from authorities form Madeira or Portugal? You have any maps where not to fly on madeira? Thank you.

Hello, i am new here. I have one question, I need any permision to fly my drone from authorities form Madeira or Portugal? You have any maps where not to fly on madeira? Thank you.
Hi there, yes you need permission. www.voanaboa.pt, Google translate should do the work. AAN and anac, for certain areas.

Hi Aquatarion.

There are no specific authorizations required for flying in Madeira, apart from the ones laid out on our national UAV legislation.

For the most part, this preclude you from flying above 400ft and around airports and heliports (There are various altitudes safety areas around airports, according to distance but, in Madeira, as there's only one airport so, if you avoid it all-together you'll be OK. Please be advised that some parts of Ponta de S. Lourenço are within those mentioned protection areas.). You must also keep a safe distance to private property and not overfly gatherings of more than 9 people without specific authorization. VLOS and day flying only are also mandatory.

Historically, the National Aviation Authority (AAN, which is an Air Force-related authority) has required submission of previous approval for any airborne imagery. Those provisions have been translated into UAV legislation but, quite frankly, I tend to see it has only needed if one is going to get commercial-oriented footage.

The provision is clearly overbearing and out-of-touch with reality and current technology. For instance, If followed strictly to the letter-of-the-law, it would mean that someone intending to throw a Panono ball into the air for a 360º shot, would also first have to get permission :)

MK

Mavickhan, it's 12 people, not 9. And this 12 people must be very close.

I'd love to see some footage of the Madeira levadas

Sorry for the necro post. I just stumbled on this as I'm heading to Madiera for a few days tomorrow and Sao Miguel for a few more. Awesome videos! I'm gonna bring my Mavic Pro 2 with me on my trip. Can't say I've flown it much in since the draconian Canadian drone laws kicked in. Argh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne