DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic Extended warranty

Looking at Amazon now. there are a lot of different plans. I guess this is the right one.

2 Year Asurion Portable Electronics Accident Protection Plan ($50-74.99)

WHAT IS NOT COVERED:(1) Repairs caused by accidental damage

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
It says right on Amazon drops are covered. That is an accident. What the hell. Maybe I should just keep both and use SF for catastrophic and Asurian if little stuff happens.

Hey Chris Luka is right it clearly states it on the PDF accidental damage is not covered. Chris where do you see drops are covered

It says right on Amazon drops are covered. That is an accident. What the ****. Maybe I should just keep both and use SF for catastrophic and Asurian if little stuff happens.

Get it as soon as Dec. 20 - 22 when you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Ships from and sold by Asurion, LLC.

• Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
  • Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
  • If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
  • No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
  • Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
https://www.amazon.com/Asurion-Year...keywords=asurion+2+year+protection+plan+drone

I had my P3P covered with NAM before I sold it. I now have the P4 with them and thinking to add the Mavic. Much better than DJI refresh because in addition to damage caused by crashes covers water damage (if I'm flying over water and put it on the drink), does not cover fly aways or theft.

Hey Chris Luka is right it clearly states it on the PDF accidental damage is not covered.

This is exactly what it says:

WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
(1) Repairs caused by accidental damage, spilled liquids (unless you purchased a portable electronic product or eyewear), insect infestation, misuse, abuse, or intentional physical damage

It's the same verbage for all products, but accidental damage coverage is only available for portable electronics as opposed to major appliances.

Call them and they'll confirm that a drone is a portable electronic product. The name of the plan is "Drone ACCIDENT protection plan". They'd have a hard time saying they won't cover accidental damage when it's right there in the name of the plan they're selling.

Hey ElGuapo what's NAM? I'll call Asurion to see what they say. Don't want to fly the mavic until it's insured

I contacted NAM. Yes they are about 100$ more expensive than the refresh by the question is is this a reputable company because I've never heard of them

I contacted NAM. Yes they are about 100$ more expensive than the refresh by the question is is this a reputable company because I've never heard of them

Yes, they're reputable. Their coverage is better than Asurion in that it covers twice the value of the drone versus Asurion maxing out at $999. But it costs more.

Care Refresh is the route I took. Who in the world recommends using a traditional plan? I wouldn't. It's great until you actually need to use it. I would rather buy a new Mavic than take a hit on my "real" policy.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I think I'm going to do the NAM for two years. At the end it's more bang for your buck than one year of refresh of dji

I just got my policy from State Farm, and it indeed covers accidental crashes. Basically all inclusive. $60/yr
What type of information did you have to give the agent. I printed my packing slip and a sheet showing what was in the fly more package. Now they tell me that's not enough information. What did you give them.

What type of information did you have to give the agent. I printed my packing slip and a sheet showing what was in the fly more package. Now they tell me that's not enough information. What did you give them.
I only sent them the receipt and the PayPal receipt.

I only sent them the receipt and the PayPal receipt.
Well after going to one State Farm office who wanted more info than packing slip print outs showing the Mavic and fly more package. I decided to go to a different State Farm office. I was insured for the Mavic the same day. Thanks for your reply.

I went back and forth on even insuring it at all, but once I got it in my hot little hands DJI had ME right where they wanted me. Which is to say that upon registering the Mavic I bit the bullet and bought the Refresh coverage. Now, I may find that third party insurance is a better option (I have State Farm on my car and house) but at least this way I've got a safety net from the get go. I'll give the in house coverage a year and see how I feel about it after that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman