DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maine - Some nutjob

The distance from Gorham to Standish is almost 7 miles. That is quite a long flight unless the moron is in between the 2 cities. I'm glad the reporter clarified that it is a federal offense to shoot down any drone.

Attachments

• 20190529_112747.jpg
    20190529_112747.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: old man mavic
The distance from Gorham to Standish is almost 7 miles. That is quite a long flight unless the moron is in between the 2 cities. I'm glad the reporter clarified that it is a federal offense to shoot down any drone.
what happened there,don't tell me,you were doing a
firmware update ,and you bricked it

WOW, just WOW. Definitely looked like a star or planet to me. Hype and paranoia, or as others said, a setup/false flag to drive public support for the new proposed FAA regs... good thing it was a little nowhere place, so this "news" will likely not get that widespread.

No - stop looking for conspiracies. Firstly - it was unquestionably Venus based on elevation, azimuth the photos, and even the FAA doesn't control where and when Venus appears. Secondly, they don't need to make any effort to get public support - most people, if they have an opinion at all, think that drones are a nuisance and a threat to privacy and air safety.

No - stop looking for conspiracies. Firstly - it was unquestionably Venus based on elevation, azimuth the photos, and even the FAA doesn't control where and when Venus appears. Secondly, they don't need to make any effort to get public support - most people, if they have an opinion at all, think that drones are a nuisance and a threat to privacy and air safety.

SAR is on the money here. A single point light source at a distance will appear to follow a moving observer - more so when the observer is moving quickly - and will then hover when they stop. Venus is a common cause of this illusion because of it is close to the horizon and bright. My last posting in the RAAF included the duty of State UFO Officer and Venus following people was a regular report Those Versuvians are a cunning lot.
The other common UFO was "a bright light that followed my car for miles then suddenly shot off at right angles like no aircraft can do" ... that's a C130 on approach with landing lights on crossing the road at a broad angle. In 12 months there was not one UFO report that couldn't be resolved by consulting the flying program or nautical almanac. But then I could just be lying to cover up the alien visits ... :eek:)

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead