DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAS props

I often test out my Mavic in my office - always very stable & never had a problem until this happened....I had a RTH pop up while it was hovering in my office & God only knows where it was about to fly off to so I tried to land & power down ( didn't happen ) the Mavic started to rev up I grabbed it underneath then it REALLY revved up still trying to return to home I guess. Holding it with one hand & the other hand trying to power it down using the remote I calmly assessed the situation & thought well I will power off the battery so went ahead & carefully tried that - Folks that doesn't work either! The Mavic is screaming to get away from me - that's when it happened......started to slip ( they have a LOT of power ) I tried again to out the battery & sliced the **** outta my fingers! Those MAS props are VERY sturdy AND sharp!!!!!! ( see pic )

Um OWWWW !
Some nasty wounds there, there would have been some blood from that for sure.

Ok, when you went under, the OA forced it to try and rise, it happens often when hand catching, but you know what ?
(You will kick yourself) All you have to do it grasp firmly as you did, then turn the aircraft on its side, it shuts down immediately.

I will keep the MAS props sharpness in mind though, but the 8330 / 8331 aren't going to muck about either !!

The cause? I forgot to put it into hover mode on signal loss ( always do that when I fly it indoors ) as opposed to RTH on signal loss............doh
Why did it lose signal? I was flying with a bad battery that dropped voltage enough ( I guess ) to trigger RTH.

If you are within the same room, a RTH in any form SHOULD have seen the drone land immediately, right where it was.
Signal ? Yeah, can only think it would have to be low battery, but you should have got warnings there like low battery, then critical battery, then landing now, etc.

when the props sliced my finger one of the front leg extenders flew off & I thought it was my **** finger............lol

Lol, that would have been a worrying few seconds !!

Thanks for the feedback and reinforcing the warning.

PS. I NEVER fly inside, no matter what the weather's like, how long I haven't been out, etc.
Just too many issues can occur with GPS, other such.

I have the same experience when I flied during night with very poor lighting plus weak GPS signal. Luckily, it was outdoor and my drone went into a bush and stopped there without cutting someone. May be weak GPS signal + lighting lead to such accident. The props are still in good condition and I'm using them today.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Um OWWWW !

Ok, when you went under, the OA forced it to try and rise, it happens often when hand catching, but you know what ?
(You will kick yourself) All you have to do it grasp firmly as you did, then turn the aircraft on its side, it shuts down immediately.

I will keep the MAS props sharpness in mind though, but the 8330 / 8331 aren't going to muck about either !!

If you are within the same room, a RTH in any form SHOULD have seen the drone land immediately, right where it was.
Signal ? Yeah, can only think it would have to be low battery, but you should have got warnings there like low battery, then critical battery, then landing now, etc.

PS. I NEVER fly inside, no matter what the weather's like, how long I haven't been out, etc.
Turn it on it's side huh? Good to know - had no idea thanks for that. Might help if others read this & get the same problem in the future - trust me I will remember that! So will my fingers .........lol. Blood? Oh hell yes

9 days later, latest tracking update = the arrived Sydney from LAX in the wee hours this morning, and departed Sydney for Adelaide 0900.
Might be here Monday or Tuesday I hope.
Not bad with Easter in the middle of ordering.

Still trying to stay quiet here, but might have to sneak out for a test fly somewhere really remote.
We aren't under isolation or travel restrictions in our state, but just trying to do the right thing past few weeks.

Oh, and I kept getting the Easter special 15% off emails.
After several of these over a few days, I replied asking them to please stop reminding me !!
I ordered a few days before the sale !!
Nicely, I might say, with a smiley etc, wasn't expecting anything.

Jennifer at MAS replied and they credited the sale to my card for the difference, how good is that ?
Only US$12.60 on the 4 sets of props, but that's about AUD$23 - $24 with card fees.

Got to start thinking about a test flight in a local park, make sure these things stay on ?
Then I might head down the coast a bit and film some nice cliff / beach rock formations.

Reactions: Thomas B
I've been using MAS props for the MP for over a year now on the same set. I love them they are a really good prop very good in all types of conditions.

Um OWWWW !

I had RTH happen when I was "HOME" it wanted to go up to 98 feet, but there's trees between the ground and 98 feet up. So I turn RTH off when I'm still "HOME". If you are low to the ground and push down, it'll ask do you want to land?

But grabbing underneath the Mav will trip the downward sensors to cause it to go up.

I had RTH happen when I was "HOME" it wanted to go up to 98 feet, but there's trees between the ground and 98 feet up. So I turn RTH off when I'm still "HOME". If you are low to the ground and push down, it'll ask do you want to land?

But grabbing underneath the Mav will trip the downward sensors to cause it to go up.

DJI drones all have slightly different behaviour too with RTH function and distance from HP, definitely a good idea to read model manuals for this.

If you slide your hand underneath from the side or rear on the M1P, it doesn’t trigger the bottom sensors, you can grasp the drone and just left stick down for a usual quiet power off.

DJI drones all have slightly different behaviour too with RTH function and distance from HP, definitely a good idea to read model manuals for this.

If you slide your hand underneath from the side or rear on the M1P, it doesn’t trigger the bottom sensors, you can grasp the drone and just left stick down for a usual quiet power off.
True... you can also hover and quietly slip the flattened hand in from the front also.

9 days later, latest tracking update = the arrived Sydney from LAX in the wee hours this morning, and departed Sydney for Adelaide 0900.
Might be here Monday or Tuesday I hope.

That was posted 18th, still been no update since, figured it had actually been held up in a Customs backlog in Sydney.

mas_shipping_wait_wait.jpg
Same status up to last night on the USPS tracking, 10 days waiting, waiting patiently.
So many buying online now with lockdowns nationwide to various levels, suppose many people are buying 'stuff' online out of boredom !!

Anyway, today and update and maybe some movement !! This update now on the Aust Post site . . .

mas_shipping_Aust_Post.jpg

So fingers crossed 3 or 4 days . . . could be longer, Aust Post is so snowed under with volume apparently.

Haven't flown for 2-1/2 months, keeping low profile to help with the CV containment (even though we can go out here for such things).
Batteries are all good in 50% hibernation though, just a quick setup and charge everything one night.

Think I'll have to make time to try these though, as soon as possible after they get here, the Spark first :)

I really want to run some tests based totally on user perception, maybe set up the little camera on a tripod and let the microphone do the job on comparisons for both the Spark and M1P, same take off point, same distance and height in front of camera hovering facing the camera and maybe side on for comparo.

Be nice to get the Spark quieter, not too fussed about the M1P, it's fairly good with the 8331 props now.

Updates soon.

Reactions: GarthH
Well, it took 26 days, but they finally arrived today ! :D
Now all i need is a clear day to get out and try them, and do a decent overview test of the differences to stock props.

It' not going to be easy, wife decided to strip out the laundry a few days ago for a reno of that, picked up tiles today, try and get those down this week or early next week, cupboards / bench tops to order and fit later next week, then finishing off linen press doors and such.

In between, I have a couple of sensitive deliveries to do interstate (3 days away), so pressure is really on all round !

Ah well, will have to charge up everything and do the M1P and Spark in one hit I think.

MAS_001.jpg
MAS002.jpg
MAS003.jpg

Not sure if you have the low noise propellers as a comparison but let us know how it turns out. If my experience with the MAvic air 1 props are anything to go by they do work well.

Not sure if you have the low noise propellers as a comparison but let us know how it turns out. If my experience with the MAvic air 1 props are anything to go by they do work well.

My BIL loves them on his Air, it still seems a noisy little beggar though, ha ha.

I've been running the 8331 Platinum props on my M1P from about 3 months after new, they are pretty good.
It seems really quiet to me.
What I'll do for the test is run the 8330, 8331, and MAS all in same conditions hovering in front of camera on tripod, and let the recording tell the story :)

I'm really thinking / hoping the Spark will improve a lot.
I usually take this when travelling interstate by plane, and I'd love to see the improvement in that for lower pitch.

View attachment 98205Beware! OK so wasn't sure I was gonna post this but here goes............kinda embarrassing - I have been flying drones for years so not an amateur or newbie. I like to try out new attachments etc for my Mavic Pro 1 ( which I LOVE ) I really like the sturdiness & well made MAS props - I have originals also the upgraded DJI stealth props but prefer to fly with MAS. I often test out my Mavic in my office - always very stable & never had a problem until this happened....I had a RTH pop up while it was hovering in my office & God only knows where it was about to fly off to so I tried to land & power down ( didn't happen ) the Mavic started to rev up I grabbed it underneath then it REALLY revved up still trying to return to home I guess. Holding it with one hand & the other hand trying to power it down using the remote I calmly assessed the situation & thought well I will power off the battery so went ahead & carefully tried that - Folks that doesn't work either! The Mavic is screaming to get away from me - that's when it happened......started to slip ( they have a LOT of power ) I tried again to out the battery & sliced the **** outta my fingers! Those MAS props are VERY sturdy AND sharp!!!!!! ( see pic )
Blood all over the place I managed to keep my grip on the Mavic firmly pressed the RTH button on the remote & held it until FINALLY the Mavid lost power & died!!!!!!!
Cleaned up the office - and my finger before taking a pic - ha ( funniest part ) when the props sliced my finger one of the front leg extenders flew off & I thought it was my **** finger............lol
The cause? I forgot to put it into hover mode on signal loss ( always do that when I fly it indoors ) as opposed to RTH on signal loss............doh
Why did it lose signal? I was flying with a bad battery that dropped voltage enough ( I guess ) to trigger RTH.
It actually warned me later when I taped up my finger & restarted the Mavic that the battery was faulty!
Either way guys - in these trying times - figured we all need a laugh at someone else's expense - MINE!
Please stay home - Stay safe - Protect your family
Cheers
Paul

PS - The MAS props are in perfect finger slicing order..............lolView attachment 98205

Ouch!!! I hope they are healing.

Still no luck testing, recent trip with Spark (which I want to test first) I flew a few times, but windy, and I want a controlled environment to shoot !!

Reason I'm posting now, MAS obviously have 15% sales regularly (most public holidays ?), right now there is a Memorial Day sale on as I received notice of by email . . .

Email says pricing applied at checkout.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh