DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAS props

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Well, spur of the moment purchase at 2:15am (as you do).
Finally prompted to do so at this thread post . . .

Anyway, coming std USPS, they say 17 - 21 days . . . and it's a good start . . .
Some 1-3/4hr later, they are booked for shipping, and 1/2hr later I get pick up advice from USPS on the tracking, picked up.
Not bad.

So will see how long the order takes to get here . . .

2 sets orange for the M1P
2 sets red for the Spark

Be good to finally try them after reading pretty good reports for a few years.

Good start from MAS

Reactions: GarthH and dirkclod
Wish they would make em for the mini.
I‘m stocked up on props for the M2P.

I got a set of those props in personally not impressed sticking with the stock ones.

Yeah I read your reply about your gimbal shake problem in that other thread.
To be honest I think it was the first time I read about the gimbal shake and MAS props.

It makes sense some pilots may experience this.

I've seen a few about upgrading the M1P to 8331 (MPP) props, I have had those on mine for a few years, but never an issue.
Like a very small number have that with the 8331, and adjust out with gain settings, I expect some MAS users would have the same thing.

Will find out sometime in the coming weeks, for both the M1P and the Spark.

Wish they would make em for the mini.
I‘m stocked up on props for the M2P.

I imagine they will get to them ?
Makes sense as so many minis are being sold.

I wonder if they have been developing some, and are having dramas with the shape of props, arms flexing, props hitting body etc.
The stock props are bad enough on the mini.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah I read your reply about your gimbal shake problem in that other thread.
To be honest I think it was the first time I read about the gimbal shake and MAS props.

It makes sense some pilots may experience this.

I've seen a few about upgrading the M1P to 8331 (MPP) props, I have had those on mine for a few years, but never an issue.
Like a very small number have that with the 8331, and adjust out with gain settings, I expect some MAS users would have the same thing.

Will find out sometime in the coming weeks, for both the M1P and the Spark.
Was not my post you were reading.

Was not my post you were reading.

Whoops sorry, you're right.

So you had no real issues in use, but couldn't see any flight time / reduced noise benefit ?

I've been very happy with the 8331s on mine, but seen many feedback posts about MAS being just that little better again.
It is such an almost indiscernible thing to really be able to measure, and may often be like a placebo effect perhaps.

To close to obstacles. Never any body clipping.

Ah, so how much bigger dia are they on the M@ over stock props ?
I know you have the M2 and not the original, but the M1P / MPP might be similarly larger.

I would have thought it was mainly shape and perhaps blade width thickness a little different, and if the MAS were bigger, surely it would only be mm (very small fraction on an inch) difference ?

You fly that close to things ?? Lol. I know they dragged you in !!

Ah, so how much bigger dia are they on the M@ over stock props ?
I know you have the M2 and not the original, but the M1P / MPP might be similarly larger.

I would have thought it was mainly shape and perhaps blade width thickness a little different, and if the MAS were bigger, surely it would only be mm (very small fraction on an inch) difference ?

You fly that close to things ?? Lol. I know they dragged you in !!
The props were... and still are... DJI low noise as sold by them for the M2P.... sorry if I confused folks.
I just was a slow learner about proximity ;)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
The props were... and still are... DJI low noise as sold by them for the M2P.... sorry if I confused folks.
I just was a slow learner about proximity ;)
I still mow the lawn once in a while.
My first drone a phantom four I still have a box of props for that one. I kept dinging props in various ways.

With my M2P I still have the same original props. I did buy MAS props and I like them.

I don’t either but I like a prop that is not so flimsy. Last thing I want is a prop that’s gonna have a lot of flex in it when I’m flying. I’m a big fan of carbon fiber props they make a world of difference providing their good ones. Just had not found any company who makes good carbon fiber props for this drone yet. Good ones are expensive they’re not cheap. I inspire I paid over $200 for a set of those props well worth the money best on the market.

Last edited:
IMG-20200319-WA0013.jpegBeware! OK so wasn't sure I was gonna post this but here goes............kinda embarrassing - I have been flying drones for years so not an amateur or newbie. I like to try out new attachments etc for my Mavic Pro 1 ( which I LOVE ) I really like the sturdiness & well made MAS props - I have originals also the upgraded DJI stealth props but prefer to fly with MAS. I often test out my Mavic in my office - always very stable & never had a problem until this happened....I had a RTH pop up while it was hovering in my office & God only knows where it was about to fly off to so I tried to land & power down ( didn't happen ) the Mavic started to rev up I grabbed it underneath then it REALLY revved up still trying to return to home I guess. Holding it with one hand & the other hand trying to power it down using the remote I calmly assessed the situation & thought well I will power off the battery so went ahead & carefully tried that - Folks that doesn't work either! The Mavic is screaming to get away from me - that's when it happened......started to slip ( they have a LOT of power ) I tried again to out the battery & sliced the **** outta my fingers! Those MAS props are VERY sturdy AND sharp!!!!!! ( see pic )
Blood all over the place I managed to keep my grip on the Mavic firmly pressed the RTH button on the remote & held it until FINALLY the Mavid lost power & died!!!!!!!
Cleaned up the office - and my finger before taking a pic - ha ( funniest part ) when the props sliced my finger one of the front leg extenders flew off & I thought it was my **** finger............lol
The cause? I forgot to put it into hover mode on signal loss ( always do that when I fly it indoors ) as opposed to RTH on signal loss............doh
Why did it lose signal? I was flying with a bad battery that dropped voltage enough ( I guess ) to trigger RTH.
It actually warned me later when I taped up my finger & restarted the Mavic that the battery was faulty!
Either way guys - in these trying times - figured we all need a laugh at someone else's expense - MINE!
Please stay home - Stay safe - Protect your family
Cheers
Paul

PS - The MAS props are in perfect finger slicing order..............lolIMG-20200319-WA0013.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying