DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Enterprise / MAIN THREAD

For me just the USB port on top of the Mavic would be great to access the recorded Video etc...
Handling those covers on the bottom side of the Mavic is always a pain...

Andy

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I guess it's pretty cool for use in an emergency situation or what not but doesn't really seem like some huge technological upgrade to the drone itself. As a matter of fact, it's not.
Heck, I'm not even ready to upgrade my M1 pro yet. It's such a beast I'll probably just add a M2 to my arsonal

I think the M2E has only a few niche segments it can service until such time that more innovative attachments are developed which wont be easy given the limited payload it can carry. I do wonder why did they not develop anything that could be attached to the bottom of the drone? Top mounted would limit their options given the proximity to the propellers.

I think the M2E has only a few niche segments it can service until such time that more innovative attachments are developed which wont be easy given the limited payload it can carry. I do wonder why did they not develop anything that could be attached to the bottom of the drone? Top mounted would limit their options given the proximity to the propellers.

With many of is interested in using the bird for mapping and multispectral imaging projects, we also have the issue of where to mount a second camera so that it points straight downwards to get Nadir shots, too. One solution is over the front end, but that really messes with the center of gravity and is probably less stable in certain flying conditions, eapecially when it is windy or hot.

It has a speaker for" crowd control " and other things.... that can play 10 pre recorded messages.

Did the FAA allow flights over people? I thought there was only 1 waiver for that ever issued and that was to CNN

Oh a strobe that can be seen for up to 3 miles.... not legal for 107.29 because it has to be seen from a minimum of 3 miles, and then the Drone is not night legal without 3 mile plus red and green lights.

A glorified set of headlights?

Let me know when it has affordable FLIR and I'll be impressed.

I do like the self heating batteries for cold weather use though

Yeah, the FLIR is what I'm waiting for... Search and rescue with a non-movable spotlight?.... Mmmmm me thinks not unless they are on the SIDE of a cliff or something...

No word on releasing a pinout for the connector or API. And locating it on the top puts some severe restrictions on size/shape of the peripherals due to the proximity to the props.

I mean... I guess they're trying new things, but then again the 3DR solo had a payload bay back in 2015, and an API.

[How does enterprise work can any ol tom **** and harry buy it or you need to demonstrate you work in an enterprise field? Don't call me Tom, **** or Harry, FAA doesn't require a practical flying exam, so why would u demonstrate your work ?

I think it meant for commercial application, not consumer space.
But since it’s more expensive than the pro, I expect there’ll be some who would buy it as a status symbol.I sense jealously

Nope. Not interested in M2E. I find with a lot of things, people are willing to pay more for something just to show off they have money to spend.

Jealousy vs. logic? Really, you can do so much more with a standard M2P and rig it with your own off the shelf goodies if you want to modify it.

Really, you can do so much more with a standard M2P and rig it with your own off the shelf goodies if you want to modify it IF U CAN MODIFY, SHOW ME, TALK IS CHEAP

Really, you can do so much more with a standard M2P and rig it with your own off the shelf goodies if you want to modify it IF U CAN MODIFY, SHOW ME, TALK IS CHEAP

Use your imagination, there is so much available out there, and lots of camera mounting options for the bottom and top of the M2P.

Multi spectral camera: DIY - Public Labs Multispectral imaging
or buy off the shelf: Survey3 Cameras

FLIR IR Imager: https://www.suas.com/vuir-boson-for-mavic

5-mile range audio: Alinco DJ-C5T credit card sized 2m radio + speaker (can also be an emergency repeater, a t-hunting tool, etc.)

...it all just takes no more than $50 to $500 to do any of the above.

Currently, I've modified a $50 GoPro type camera to do multispectral imaging for vegetation surveys (using Public Lab's kit above - pics pending).

What do you want to do with yours? Post your idea, and we can help.

Last edited:
I think someone is just looking for justification to buy one without looking like a show off. If he feels like he NEEDS the M2E, he can. No one’s judging.
I don’t see the need to have a speaker, spotlight or beacon on my MP. I don’t think M2E is intended to be a photography drone. There’s M2P and M2Z for it.

I think someone is just looking for justification to buy one without looking like a show off. If he feels like he NEEDS the M2E, he can. No one’s judging.
I don’t see the need to have a speaker, spotlight or beacon on my MP. I don’t think M2E is intended to be a photography drone. There’s M2P and M2Z for it.

If I had the speaker, I’d need to play this on it while flying around:

Last edited:
Police could blast this while flying over a riot or tailgating party...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming