DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Active Track 2.0 - Amazing!

Me too. I still find new techniques after three years of flying and 500+ flights on my P3A and in this case, it's confusing when people reference parts with different names. There really isn't any need for what they believe is a clever quip. Interestingly, you'll generally find they decide not to participate or indeed, try to argue their smartasre comment in the thread. I cannot wait to get my hands on the MP2 and enjoy the amazing features this aircraft has.

Reactions: PWIdmayer
I highly recommend the M2P. It is my 1st drone but I think I started just right. 7 hours 43 mins of flight - 55 flights - 204,478 ft .... not bad for a couple of months. I can't get enough of "PRACTICE" !!

Reactions: Numone
Did you have the controller with you or on land? By the way, nice video...

The reason why i asked, I had to have the controller in hand to have it follow...
Actually, i second that question. It is probably a user error, but i tried this tracking other day and as i tried leaving controller on a ground and walked away - drone was pointing at me as i moved but did not follow. What exactly should be pressed to make it follow a target? Can it be explained step by step, pls, by someone who actually did it, not theoretically but in reality?

I'll download and RTFM; I'm sure it's in there, but doesn't the AC follow the RC, or does the AC operate independently of the RC in this case?

I've searched the manual and can't find where the "Roll Stick" or the "Tilt Stick" is on the remote. Where are those?
Thanks

Am I reading your profile correctly? Are you really 90 years old! If you are, many kudos and much respect
I've searched the manual and can't find where the "Roll Stick" or the "Tilt Stick" is on the remote. Where are those?
Thanks

Am I reading your profile correctly? Are you really 90 years old! If so, major kudos and much respect. I just hope I can still fly my drone at that age.

BTW, ignore the trolls.

I am truly amazed with how well Active Track 2.0 worked even in super low light

May I ask which mode in active track you used here? Trace or paralel? I see that first part of video drone is flying backwards and then changing to paralel. Very cool!

I'll download and RTFM; I'm sure it's in there, but doesn't the AC follow the RC, or does the AC operate independently of the RC in this case?
so, dunno. i looked at the FM back and forth and i only can conclude one thing - they have there quite a subtle verbiage on 'you better select from the list of targets your drone self-identified, or else'. so, i guess, may be i was in that 'or else' situation when i tried to identify a target with a finger? still i do not get at all, how and why it would follow if remote is moving as i looked at the whole FM emphasizing 'F' part and NOWHERE this thing says about any mode where it would actually follow the _remote_. so, i am lost. i do not understand what it did, and, other day i could not replicate it, but, i am quite sure i have no yet lost all my mind, and i saw what i saw back then.

i also wonder if it matters if you were sitting while setting yourself as a target and then walk, or not. go figure, all this is as clear as mud. they also seem to mention there that shape-shifting is not recommended...

so, dunno. i looked at the FM back and forth and i only can conclude one thing - they have there quite a subtle verbiage on 'you better select from the list of targets your drone self-identified, or else'. so, i guess, may be i was in that 'or else' situation when i tried to identify a target with a finger? still i do not get at all, how and why it would follow if remote is moving as i looked at the whole FM emphasizing 'F' part and NOWHERE this thing says about any mode where it would actually follow the _remote_. so, i am lost. i do not understand what it did, and, other day i could not replicate it, but, i am quite sure i have no yet lost all my mind, and i saw what i saw back then.

i also wonder if it matters if you were sitting while setting yourself as a target and then walk, or not. go figure, all this is as clear as mud. they also seem to mention there that shape-shifting is not recommended...
Active Track uses main camera to follow subject. RC location is irrelevant.
For some Mavic models (not M2) there's "Follow Me" mode which is based on RC location based on GPS provided by the mobile device. It's rarely used these days and one feature that won't work with WiFi only iPads as those don't have GPS hardware.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127