DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro and Lume-X Longtime experiences on Motors and Props?

Mikethebee

Reactions
Hello,

at a distance of 500m the Mavic is a point in the sky, still VLOS but difficult to bring the copter back if loosing Video-signal and Telemetrie datas (never happens). For this reason i installed the Lume-X light (DJI Mavic 2 Lighting Kit for Pro & Zoom).
The light is very bright and helps to detect the copter better in day-light. But the the flight characteristics are of course worse, the noise of the propellers much louder. Take off and flight no problem, but less stable.

Generell reflections:
TOW Mavic 2 Pro : 907 g
Additional weight Lume x: Kit 9oz= 255 g = 28% of TOW, position out of center of balance, ca 9 cm.

Questions:
  1. Members experiences
  2. Anyone knows the exact specifications of the motors (Thrust / KV / W / Number)
  3. Risk of overloading motor and propellers
Kind regards
Mike

Nice lights for the purpose designed but definitely overkill if just needed to maintain VLOS. I do not own any but there are much smaller strobes available that have minimal effect on flight. Search results for query: strobe lights

As to your questions:
  1. My C2 button is configured to turn my front LED's on/off so I just point it towards me and flash them (of course this is more effective with lower light). I also found that a quick up and down motion makes it easier to detect against the background.
  2. Don't know.
  3. I doubt if it needs to work harder than zipping around in Sport mode. It should shorten flight time if it does need to work harder.

Reactions: Mikethebee
Nice lights for the purpose designed but definitely overkill if just needed to maintain VLOS. I do not own any but there are much smaller strobes available that have minimal effect on flight. Search results for query: strobe lights

As to your questions:
  1. My C2 button is configured to turn my front LED's on/off so I just point it towards me and flash them (of course this is more effective with lower light). I also found that a quick up and down motion makes it easier to detect against the background.
  2. Don't know.
  3. I doubt if it needs to work harder than zipping around in Sport mode. It should shorten flight time if it does need to work harder.
Thank you for your tips. I have monted also 3 strobon flash lights. Good in night, but not good enough in daylight condition (for me). I am flying in the alpes...often with a background grey with.

Reactions: IgorD2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18