DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro CRASH

Hounder55

Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone can please help identify what that unusual sound could be coming from my Mavic 2? (Video link attached. Turn up the sound)

I crashed sideways into a tree while doing a "Quickshots" Helix shot (stupid me didn't adjust the distance in the app before hitting GO). The craft fell from a height of about 25 feet after shredding all 4 props and landed in some tall, snow-covered weeds. Fortunately, the only visible damage was to the props.
After replacing the props (glad I bought the Fly-More kit), I took it out to test-fly and I hear a high-pitched "whine" coming from the Mavic. No error messages and it flies like it did before. But I'm a little concerned that the noise could be internal damage and a precursor to a future crash. Thanks in advance

Thanks for the help guys! I'll try to pin-point which motor the sound is coming from (although these old ears don't sound too good ;)) and go from there! Much appreciated!

If a bearing race is cracked in one of the motors you should be able to feel the damaged bearing by spinning the motor shaft . The bad one will feel and sound different compared to the other three

Fortunately haven’t had this with my Mavic but fly rc planes and heli’s and have had problems with motors after crashes from time to time. When you have a prop spinning at high speed if it strikes something it can damage the motor bearings or bend the main shaft of the motor. The latter is the most common in my experience. By powering it up and spinning the motor without props which should never do for more than a very brief time to avoid further damage to motor, if the shaft is bent the end will wobble. Bent shaft usually is more of a grinding sound Bad bearing is usually more of a high pitched whine. I have replaced both at times in plane and heli motors. A little tricky but not impossible. Cheaper than a new motor in other rc gear. You could send to Thunderdones for repair. He is good and not too expensive as I understand it.

Reactions: Hounder55
A constant high pitched whine almost always means a damaged motor. Try to see which motor the whine is coming from. You might have to fly it close to yourself so you can hear which motor it is.
I have been reading this forum for a long time and my friend you are a big help to all of us. Thanks again!!!! Thunderdrones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure