DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro crashed due to battery failure

Sandy1972

Reactions
Hi,

I recently had a M2 Pro crash due to a battery failure in flight. The flight data reported no errors. after takeoff and attaining 30m alt as i started in forward flight the signal got disconnected and there was no response. we could not see the drone as it was over us. After looking around found the M2 pro lying just a few meters from us.

Upon thorough investigation and going thru the flight logs i could not understaand the exact cause when suddenly i saw the battery connection.

the pictures speaks for itself. you can see the burnt pins on the crashed battery compare that too a good battery.
The drone does not power on with this battery but powers on with a good battery.

ANy one experienced similar issue. How to inform DJI on this.

Attachments

• Crashed battery.jpeg
    Crashed battery.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • Good battery.jpeg
    Good battery.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Hi,

I recently had a M2 Pro crash due to a battery failure in flight. The flight data reported no errors. after takeoff and attaining 30m alt as i started in forward flight the signal got disconnected and there was no response. we could not see the drone as it was over us. After looking around found the M2 pro lying just a few meters from us.

Upon thorough investigation and going thru the flight logs i could not understaand the exact cause when suddenly i saw the battery connection.

the pictures speaks for itself. you can see the burnt pins on the crashed battery compare that too a good battery.
The drone does not power on with this battery but powers on with a good battery.

ANy one experienced similar issue. How to inform DJI on this.
If the battery is still under warranty, DJI will replace it. If it's years old, then the battery just probably developed a short from overheating or a failure of some kind and it's junk.
If you asked DJI they would probably want to know if the battery had ever been dunked in the water - especially salt water.
Many here have experienced swollen and bad batteries. I've had 2 replaced by DJI under warranty for defects - they were very good about it.

Hello,

The battery was 11 months old and had done 117 cycles on it as per the log
attaching screen shot of the flight log and battery health. every thing looks fine.

I have experienced similar crasshes with the P4 and i can say that the battery connection design has a flaw. Repeated use of the connectors is leading to this kind of a failure. The connector design needs to be analysed and changed to a better design,

Attachments

• M2 Pro crash 18 Oct 2023.png
    M2 Pro crash 18 Oct 2023.png
    476.4 KB · Views: 28
  • battery health.png
    battery health.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 30
Flight log attached, there is no error on the screen. As the battery terminals shorted the power was cut off and the log just stops.

THe connections on the drone are fine and no marks of short circuit.
Although the drone crashed badly and is out of repair/warranty. I have no complaint as it served me very well.
Below are the 2 Mavics that i have and the 2nd has crashed due to battery shorting.

1697902798833.png

not according to the image you posted in post #3.

The flight log is a file with the probable name DJIFlightRecord_2023-10-18_[14-10-xy].txt .
If it is not on your phone or controller any more you can download it by clicking "Original", as highlighted below.
Then either
a) upload it to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help and post the URL here, or
b) upload the file as an attachment to a post here, or
c) make the Airdata webpage public.

Attachments

• battery health Date of Manufacture.png
    battery health Date of Manufacture.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 13
  • M2 Pro crash 18 Oct 2023 log.png
    M2 Pro crash 18 Oct 2023 log.png
    497.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: