DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro TopoDrone RTK upgrade kit

Andrex

Reactions
Does anyone have experience with the TopoDrone RTK Upgrade Kit for the Mavic 2 Pro?

Appreciate achieving centimeter-level accuracy isn't going to be essential for a lot of people on here.

I'm interested to know of reviews or experiences with this kit, as although it looks really spot on for my needs, I don't see a lot of independent opinions on this out there.

Obviously it would also need to be deployed with a suitable base station (e.g. Emlid Reach RS).

The idea behind looking for a solution such as this is to reduce the need for GCPs (I'm not ruling them out entirely) through increased GPS accuracy.

I have no experience with that kit, but doing surveys with Matrice 210 RTK.

why go with a DIY solution if you can have a ready built kit based on a Phantom 4RTK?

There are some other benefits to the Mavic 2 Pro, such as portability and cost.

As I see it, the P4K RTK costs £7.3k whereas it might be possible to have the M2P and RTK addon for £3.3k.

Hence I'm keen to understand what others think of the Topodrone equipment.

I bought the Topodrone kit and installed it myself, because the DJI Survey model is not portable, but Topodrone’s after-sales service is terrible and there is no product manual. It requires some experience in PPK processing. It is not recommended to use their software for PPK calculation. It's just RTKLIB

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terancemcleod29