DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Video Issue

Aether

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and had a strange issue about a week ago. While the AC was in the air a warning message kept flashing on/off during flight ( I couldn’t read it because it less than one second, but I think it said something about image transmission signal? ). Anyway, at times it did appear the signal was not transmitting correctly because the picture on the app looked purple every now and then. Is that common?

That wasn’t even the real issue though; when I was trying to land the video suddenly became completely distorted with scrolling horizontal lines. I’m not sure if that has happened to anyone else or know exactly what could cause the video to behave like that ( other than light shining into the sensor perhaps? ). Is this something to be concerned about, or was it just a fluke?

Video Here: DJI Mavic 2 Pro Video Issue?

I"d refresh all the firmware as a first step.
If it persists I'd try recording some video and see if it shows the same anomaly (which would identify a video issue, not a transmission issue).
I take it it's not consistent, i.e. it's not been replicated? Maybe there was some strong electromagnetic interference in the area you were flying (although this should have shown up in the RC screen).

The video seems to show you are using the landing lights to expose for the video. If this is the case then you need to think about your shutter speed. It could be that you have a syncronising problem between the light's refresh rate and the shutter speed. If it happens again, try increasing the aperture and decreasing shutter speed, if the stripes accelerate or decelerate there's your problem. But to be honest, it's not like you are going to be using your landing lights to expose for video ever, but at least it'll ease your mind!

Reactions: Aether
I recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and had a strange issue about a week ago. While the AC was in the air a warning message kept flashing on/off during flight ( I couldn’t read it because it less than one second, but I think it said something about image transmission signal? ). Anyway, at times it did appear the signal was not transmitting correctly because the picture on the app looked purple every now and then. Is that common?

That wasn’t even the real issue though; when I was trying to land the video suddenly became completely distorted with scrolling horizontal lines. I’m not sure if that has happened to anyone else or know exactly what could cause the video to behave like that ( other than light shining into the sensor perhaps? ). Is this something to be concerned about, or was it just a fluke?

Video Here: DJI Mavic 2 Pro Video Issue?

You can run a screen recorder on your phone/tablet to capture the app's info. Then review it and slow/stop it to see the warning message. I gather some folks routinely run such screen capture apps.

Thanks for the advice guys; I ended up returning the drone and purchasing a new one. It was a major fiasco dealing with DJI, although two months later I was finally able to get a manager to sort everything out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark