DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 battery temperature

Dr_Zoidberg

Reactions
Hi,

My Mavic 3's battery heats up above 50 degrees Celsius after about 20 minutes of flight. According to the product manual, the upper operating temperature of the battery is 40°C. So I'm guessing that exceeding the upper limit by more than 10 degrees could be dangerous or at least cause accelerated degradation of the battery cells. I'm wondering what experience you have with this and what could be causing the overheating? The internal fan seems to be working fine. The ambient temperature during the flight was 23 degrees C. Thank you!

sketch-1695724378828.png

Last edited:
You aren't comparing apples to apples... what's referred to as max operating temperature of the battery (40°C) is the ambient temp. And what Airdata shows is the internal battery temp. and 50°C+ is well within the normal.

If you flew in 23°C ambient all is good & you operated the drone well within spec...

You aren't comparing apples to apples... what's referred to as max operating temperature of the battery (40°C) is the ambient temp. And what Airdata shows is the internal battery temp. and 50°C+ is well within the normal.

If you flew in 23°C ambient all is good & you operated the drone well within spec...
Ah ok, my bad. I thought 40°C referred to the internal battery temperature. Thanks for clarifying

Reactions: michaeldallen1