DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Enterprise Camera

RCFlyer

Reactions
I have researched but it's not clear...Does the Mavic 3 Enterprise have a Hasselblad camera like the Mavic 3 (non-classic)? I want a drone to use for photography and also for mapping with a mechanical shutter.
How important is the cine 5.1k recording function?

I have researched but it's not clear...Does the Mavic 3 Enterprise have a Hasselblad camera like the Mavic 3 (non-classic)? I want a drone to use for photography and also for mapping with a mechanical shutter.
The only thing Hasselblad about any of the DJI cameras is the plastic label on the front and a pointless bit of software - not that Hasselblad are renowned for software. When you (DJI) majority own Hasselblad you can use the name as deceptively as you like.

The Mavic 3 Enterprise does have a mechanical shutter.

Don’t expect SLR quality from any of the DJI small drones. They’re good but not as sharp as you may be hoping for.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
The only thing Hasselblad about any of the DJI cameras is the plastic label on the front and a pointless bit of software - not that Hasselblad are renowned for software. When you (DJI) majority own Hasselblad you can use the name as deceptively as you like.

The Mavic 3 Enterprise does have a mechanical shutter.

Don’t expect SLR quality from any of the DJI small drones. They’re good but not as sharp as you may be hoping for.
Agreed. In addition: the M3's camera might have a mechanical shutter but the sensor behind it is NOT a global shutter (the whole of the sensor being exposed all at the same moment), it still uses the rolling shutter scan technique, so caveat emptor.

Agreed. In addition: the M3's camera might have a mechanical shutter but the sensor behind it is NOT a global shutter (the whole of the sensor being exposed all at the same moment), it still uses the rolling shutter scan technique, so caveat emptor.
If that's the case, why would DJI bother fitting a mechanical shutter at all?

I recommend you look at lot of the YOUTUBE reviews by people who make a living with their drones. When you finish you will know which way to go. I’m a little biased because I own the 3, 3E and 3T. All for different reasons.
Always remember “ Documentation beats conversation “ You are going to be spending a lot of money and it needs to work. Every minute of research can save you a lot of buyers remorse

Reactions: ECI Air
The motion blur is markedly reduced by the mechanical shutter though. The mech shutter allows the drone to perform mapping at higher speeds than a simple rolling shutter. I can't remember the article I read, but it shows comparison photos of the Mavic 3 and the M3E flying at 26mph taking photos. The Mav 3s were very blurry, while the Mav3E was crisp and clear.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
it shows comparison photos of the Mavic 3 and the M3E flying at 26mph taking photos. The Mav 3s were very blurry, while the Mav3E was crisp and clear.
That will depend on the distance of the drone from what's being photographed.
At normal mapping flight heights, it shouldn't really be an issue.

That will depend on the distance of the drone from what's being photographed.
At normal mapping flight heights, it shouldn't really be an issue.
The example photos must have been taken at a lower height than the norm or the drones were flying at higher speeds than normal mapping flight speeds.

What is a normal mapping flight altitude anyway? about 100-120 ft? I'd google it, but...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54