DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 IMU Calibration instructions are flawed

UAVquadman

Reactions
a picture shown in the app is flawed. here are 2 comments I found on YouTube:

When you stood it up, you did that step wrong. Not supposed to rest on the motor.

When I tried to balance the drone as shown in the app, it would not balance.... just fall over. I would love to hear an explanation of what we are supposed to do.

does anybody know if it's okay to rest the drone on the motors instead of how DJI shows you in the app?

I don't see any problem with the way he done it. As long as the nose of the aircraft is up in the vertical position, the calibration works fine. I have never had a problem with it. It balances better with the way he showed.
I wouldn't worry about how perfect the image must be in the app. If it is not sitting right, the calibration will fail and ask you to start again.

a picture shown in the app is flawed. here are 2 comments I found on YouTube:

When you stood it up, you did that step wrong. Not supposed to rest on the motor.

When I tried to balance the drone as shown in the app, it would not balance.... just fall over. I would love to hear an explanation of what we are supposed to do.

does anybody know if it's okay to rest the drone on the motors instead of how DJI shows you in the app?
When I calibrated the IMU I just held it in the upward position, butt on the table, but supported by my hand.

Seems to be a difference of opinion on what is right and wrong on this subject. I don’t have the M3, so I can’t measure the exact number of degrees of difference there is between the two positions. Maybe that should be done by someone that has that ability and post results.

I don't see any problem with the way he done it. As long as the nose of the aircraft is up in the vertical position, the calibration works fine. I have never had a problem with it. It balances better with the way he showed.
I wouldn't worry about how perfect the image must be in the app. If it is not sitting right, the calibration will fail and ask you to start again.
As Drone Master stated. If it works the way you do it and calibration is successful then there is no problem.

Seems to be a difference of opinion on what is right and wrong on this subject. I don’t have the M3, so I can’t measure the exact number of degrees of difference there is between the two positions. Maybe that should be done by someone that has that ability and post results.
it's been fixed.

fixed by DJI thanks to me! of course I am sure they figured it out for themselves but you just never know for sure.

I don’t have an m3 to see what they fixed. Which position is correct. Straight up or leaning? My guess is the leaning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark