DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 landings after Drone-Hack

Aww that’s not cool. I use Drone Hacks too and mine works perfectly. However, I hacked the RC Pro and not the drone. Maybe that’s why 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'll try the hack later and see how it behaves, I already purchased the license when I bought the drone and been waiting for the full hack all this time.

Permanent FCC mode (comes in handy when you have no internet to use the DH app), say goodbye to Aeroscope and karen apps (YES, finally! after all these years I can finally fly without worrying about who is listening to that stupid broadcast), alt limit and geofencing (didn't care too much about these two, but no babysitting is good), plus I'll no longer have to use electric tape to "turn off" the LEDs.

Turning the landing light manually on/off again would be cool too, it was removed in Europe after the C1 certification.

The Mavic 3 was almost perfect but now... WOW, just incredible, no Aeroscope/RID on the M3 is an epic win for the drone community.

Last edited:
Installed it correctly, tomorrow I'll try the bottom sensor behavior.

Cine mode now disables the GPS. I guess based on what they say on the website that entering/exiting Atti mode midflight may interfere with the bottom sensors.

1706483488895.png

Also have to test if RTH still works in Atti mode (signal lost and manually engaged) or just hovers/drifts.

I tried to default the fswitch_selection back to 12, but it still turned off the GPS, so it seems it's embedded in the firmware. I preferred Cine mode over Atti, but it's a small sacrifice for killing Aeroscope/RID.

Confirmed that bottom LED control is back in Europe, so another win.

Gone are the days of paranoia to fly and being fined for taking landscape and architecture photos, managed to survive this far, unlike the vast majority of people that left the hobby due to overregulation 😄

Last edited:
After applying the Drone-Hacks software to Mavic 3, I can no longer left-stick down after landing to immediately kill the motors.
This is what happens now

I emailed DroneHacks and their response was, " Hello, this is normal under the customFC. If you want to land slowly you can also push the landing button in the app."

I find this insane. CSC doesn't immediately work either.
I would hate to have to always use button for landing and can't really live with that behavior either.

Any solutions?

I did some testing with the DH firmware, and basically now hand catching is mandatory.

Now the bottom sensors detect the ground (it slows down as you descend), but it doesn't go up when you put the hand under them and the landing feature is not supported. Using the app autoland feature dindn't seem to work either, it just hovered there indefinitely and 30cm or so over the table.

Previously to hand catch you had to put the hand under the drone, wait for it to detect the hand and lift a bit, and then hold down the controller lever, grab it while it was going down and wait for the motors to turn off.

Now you just let it hover, grab it and pull the lever down until it stops the motors normally, it seems safer now. I was already hand catching every time because I don't want pebbles/sand/dust hitting the drone, so not a big deal.

I guess they made this change because when you strapped something under a DJI drone that blocked a OA sensor you used to lose control over it as it rised indefinitely trying to "move away" from the "obstacle". No doubt this is a war scenario oriented firmware.

Atti mode instead of Cine mode, another war scenario measure, as it allows you to mantain control of the drone even when someone is actively blocking your GPS signal with an antidrone "gun", can come in handy on interior flight but honestly, preferred Cine mode.

The testing I performed revealed a few things:
  • ALLWAYS, ALLWAYS, check that the drone is set to RTH when connection is lost before taking off or in an event of a connection loss or YOU'LL LOSE YOUR DRONE (at least until battery RTH kicks in and overrides the connection loss behaviour? I won't test that). When the drone is set to hover on a signal loss event, it just climbs up indefinitely when you turn off the controller or lose connection. When you press the RTH button it works as expected, but on a connection loss say goodbye to your drone if you can't reconnect before it reaches the stratosphere.
  • Setting the connection loss behavior to RTH will have the expected behavior, and the drone will enter RTH (climb to the set altitude and come back), so always check you are in this mode before taking off. I hacked the firmware (1000) and the DJI app, and for some reason it default back to "hover" instead of RTH (I allways have RTH set on the app), so check it.
  • Cine mode is now true Atti mode, it disables the GPS completely. On this mode, as opposed to what happened on the Phantoms, RTH won't work. If you lose connection while on Atti mode, the drone won't come back, but won't climb either, it will hover, but bear in mind that it will drift in the wind as it has no GPS lock.
  • You can turn on/off Atti mode midflight and no strange behavior is observed, just works as expected but remember RTH is disabled in this mode.
  • If you lose connection/turn off the controller while you are in Atti mode, the drone won't default to Normal mode, it will just hover/drift until you regain control, or until battery safety kicks in I suppose (won't try) so use with care.
  • OA brake mode still works in Atti mode, so it won't crash if there's enough light for the OA sensors to work.
  • RID is RIP, the drone won't appear on the apps anymore, and didn't test it, but I believe them when they say it won't appear on Aeroscope either.
  • Arm LEDs can be turned on/off by entering the command.
  • Manual control over the underneath LED is back in Europe, you can now turn on/off the LED as you desire. Another warfare oriented mod as a photodiode is what it's used as a switch to drop the payload at any distance.
  • Permanent FCC mode works as expected.
  • Didn't test no fly zones as there aren't any close to my location.
  • The alt limit you set on the app is ignored (I tested 80 meters limit and it didn't care), real alt limit is 10Km as they say on their page. Didn't try to climb as I'm making sure RTH works as expected on every situation.
  • Battery safety landing can be overridden, but I entered the command "bat_land_on," to make sure it's enabled, as this is what can save your drone if it decides to climb up to the stratosphere.
Overall an excellent update, but that strange behaviour if connection lost is set to "hover" will lead to many crashes/flyaways.

Reactions: J. Dub
Overall an excellent update, but that strange behaviour if connection lost is set to "hover" will lead to many crashes/flyaways.

Added the ability to automatically take off the drone to altitudes of 2000, 1000, 500, 300, 200 or 100 meters when communication with the remote control is lost. This allows you to get away from the electronic warfare (anti-drone gun), which is why communication with the remote control is lost. This function is enabled by the commands "lost_2000," "lost_1000," "lost_500,>," <<lost_300,>," "lost_200," "lost_100," respectively and is only valid in the "Hover" mode In the "Signal Lost" menu setting.

Maybe it defaults to hover after installing hack to use this feature which is an interesting one.

Reactions: Grandpa
Added the ability to automatically take off the drone to altitudes of 2000, 1000, 500, 300, 200 or 100 meters when communication with the remote control is lost. This allows you to get away from the electronic warfare (anti-drone gun), which is why communication with the remote control is lost. This function is enabled by the commands "lost_2000," "lost_1000," "lost_500,>," <<lost_300,>," "lost_200," "lost_100," respectively and is only valid in the "Hover" mode In the "Signal Lost" menu setting.

Maybe it defaults to hover after installing hack to use this feature which is an interesting one.

Oh, I see, now it makes complete sense, didn't know about that command, is there a complete list anywhere?

I also found that this is the other way around:

1706556630825.png

"bat_land_on," enables the hack and disables the autoanding and the low battery RTH, "bat_land_off," is the default behavior of DJI drones (RTH when battery is low, beeping at 15% battery and autolanding at 10%).

After applying the Drone-Hacks software to Mavic 3, I can no longer left-stick down after landing to immediately kill the motors.
This is what happens now

I emailed DroneHacks and their response was, " Hello, this is normal under the customFC. If you want to land slowly you can also push the landing button in the app."

I find this insane. CSC doesn't immediately work either.
I would hate to have to always use button for landing and can't really live with that behavior either.

Any solutions?
I'm surprised you're complaining. YOU HACKED YOUR DRONE! If it comes with some unwanted effects, you're just going to have to bite the bullet.

Reactions: rgarjr
Hand catching is what all the Cool Kids are doing now :) I hand catch 99.99% of the time now.
If hand catching is so cool, then why do helicopter pilots not do it? After I fly a sortie, I prefer to do a real landing. It just looks like a toy when you’re snatching it out of the air. 😉

Naw, I can see the benefits of hand landings, especially when you’re over water or terrible ground.

Not sure if it’s the same fw 1001 that the Russian hackers made for their drones but here’s the manual that they have on their Telegram Channel. Of course it was in Russian but used Google Translate. Some pretty interesting stuff in that t.me channel, there’s some videos of the features.

Attachments

• IMG_5912.jpeg
    IMG_5912.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5913.jpeg
    IMG_5913.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5914.jpeg
    IMG_5914.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5915.jpeg
    IMG_5915.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5916.jpeg
    IMG_5916.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Not sure if it’s the same fw 1001 that the Russian hackers made for their drones but here’s the manual that they have on their Telegram Channel. Of course it was in Russian but used Google Translate. Some pretty interesting stuff in that t.me channel, there’s some videos of the features.
Thanks. Interesting!

I'm surprised you're complaining. YOU HACKED YOUR DRONE! If it comes with some unwanted effects, you're just going to have to bite the bullet.

I am not complaining - I am looking for solutions. I have used Drone-Hacks on several other drones and never had an issue whatsoever with landing or any other operational concerns. Posting here also makes others aware of a potential issue. If it is something I decide that I don't want to live with, I can always reflash to the current firmware. It is just very odd

Do you happen to have a link to that?

I am not complaining - I am looking for solutions. I have used Drone-Hacks on several other drones and never had an issue whatsoever with landing or any other operational concerns. Posting here also makes others aware of a potential issue. If it is something I decide that I don't want to live with, I can always reflash to the current firmware. It is just very odd
I used drone hacks all the time when DJI was in their earlier days and altitude/geofencing/ and speed hacks all came in one package. I guess DJI is making it harder to hack the newer firmware, leading to workarounds that leave errors in their wake.

I tested the new mod today. Mostly everything worked well.
Some bugs I noticed:
* Cinematic mode stayed Cine mode when I tested it twice, but then when I was over 100m the function suddenly changed to ATTI mode. So something to be aware of.
* Battery Bugs - I set the "bat_land_off," command and also the “bat_enable_smart_bat_landing_protect – set to 0” string.
This resulted in a "Your drone will land in 10 seconds" immediately after takeoff. I had to cancel repeatedly. This message kept coming up until my battery got down to about 80% when it just stopped appearing on its own.

All I needed in the mod was FCC mode, but the extras are a bonus. But there are some quirks and I will be changing all battery settings back to normal before the next flight.

Reactions: waynorth
I tested the new mod today. Mostly everything worked well.
Some bugs I noticed:
* Cinematic mode stayed Cine mode when I tested it twice, but then when I was over 100m the function suddenly changed to ATTI mode. So something to be aware of.
* Battery Bugs - I set the "bat_land_off," command and also the “bat_enable_smart_bat_landing_protect – set to 0” string.
This resulted in a "Your drone will land in 10 seconds" immediately after takeoff. I had to cancel repeatedly. This message kept coming up until my battery got down to about 80% when it just stopped appearing on its own.

All I needed in the mod was FCC mode, but the extras are a bonus. But there are some quirks and I will be changing all battery settings back to normal before the next flight.

I leave it in bat_land_off which is the default DJI behavior, so you still get the safety battery RTH working as intended and the battery bar displaying the green section accurately.

I've been flying the drone with this firmware since its release and couldn't be happier, no RID, no Aeroscope, no geofencing, no babysitting, regain control of the LED light and if needed can be set to evade antidrone interference guns and bypass GPS spoofing with the ATTI mdoe.

I was already hand catching the drone to prevent dirt on the camera and motors, so not a problem.

Now I picked a second hand RC pro to further enhance the capabilities of the drone with the 2W output against the 0.4W output of the default RC-N1 I've been using.

Hard to recommend any other drone in these dark days of drone witch hunting, it's just perfect. Hopefully more drones get their own anti RID/FCC/nobabysitting firmwares in the future.

In an event that my M3 hardware fails (It has already 200 hours of flight time and 4600 Km traveled) I'll just pick another unit second hand and apply the firmware to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmunozs and rgarjr
Has anyone used any of the newer DJI goggles 2 (V2, Integra, etc) with the 1001 firmware (or the DH version)? As you probably know, a recent DJI update allows the use of them on the Mavic 3, but I'm thinking it came just after all the hard work of these fellas ;) Would be a pretty cool combo.

I leave it in bat_land_off which is the default DJI behavior, so you still get the safety battery RTH working as intended and the battery bar displaying the green section accurately.

I've been flying the drone with this firmware since its release and couldn't be happier, no RID, no Aeroscope, no geofencing, no babysitting, regain control of the LED light and if needed can be set to evade antidrone interference guns and bypass GPS spoofing with the ATTI mdoe.

I was already hand catching the drone to prevent dirt on the camera and motors, so not a problem.

Now I picked a second hand RC pro to further enhance the capabilities of the drone with the 2W output against the 0.4W output of the default RC-N1 I've been using.

Hard to recommend any other drone in these dark days of drone witch hunting, it's just perfect. Hopefully more drones get their own anti RID/FCC/nobabysitting firmwares in the future.

In an event that my M3 hardware fails (It has already 200 hours of flight time and 4600 Km traveled) I'll just pick another unit second hand and apply the firmware to it.
I hit a tree (flying backwards) a few months ago (I forgot that the rear sensors are disabled in Sports mode). DJI has a supply of spare Mavic 3's to send as replacements. Mine was seriously trashed so they sent me a new one rather than repair. So thankfully my Mavic 3 replacement has only a few flight hours on it.

The first time you installed the hack, was the signal lost feature in "Hover mode" by default?
I installed the hack and the next day lost the drone. I am pretty sure this option was activated by default in hover mode after the hack. My fault really for not re-checking this. I always use it in RTH when the signal is lost. I was flying really far and lost signal. My assumption after waiting for it to recover signal for a while (plenty of battery left) is that the drone didn't have this option enabled by defaut, so it stayed in the same spot. I did press the RTH button on the controller in case a sudden signal recovery, which I did for a few seconds, but it didn't work. bat_land_off was on (not the the default setting by dji) so the drone fell to the ground after depleting the battery, I assume. Never got it back.
Would be good to read some experiences from other user here.
The hack was an amazing tool to have anyway! Right now looking for a second hand unit here in my country.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas