DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 landings after Drone-Hack

Thank you for that DARKSiefer. So what do we think that means exactly for those that thought there was nothing like this transmitting? How far does this QuickTransfer protocol send this ID info, which appears to be constant? Not to mention, its the full RID being sent, not just some random numbers showing up on ones WIFI network. Is there anyway to turn off these unexpected broadcasts in your opinion? Was this possibly due to a recent update to the Fly app or RC firmware (per the DH response)? If the bird is flying within range of anyone with something as simple as an Iphone or computer, the RID appears to be fully perceptible. Please let me know if I'm missing the bigger picture here. I'm sure many with this hack were hoping for a bit more "shielding" than that. I'm just trying to understand and I'm sure we all appreciate your advice.

If it's sharing a Wi-Fi that says RID-XXXXX then it's not hacked or it's not working properly, are you sure you haven't overwritten the DH firmware with an official or installed the DH firmware correctly?

Also don't put your RID number in the Fly app, leave it blank, I'm using the M3 with the DH firmware applied, the RC Pro with the latest controller firmware and the latest version of the fly app, and it doesn't appear on drone scanner or open drone ID, nor Wi-Fi network named RID-XXXXX appear on any of my devices.

Will make a test with the standard RC-N1 tomorrow.

An easy way to know if the DH is applied is for example using the "leds_off," command.

Last edited:
I did some testing and it works this way, whenever you turn on the drone it starts emitting Bluetooth, so the fly app can find the drone to engage the Quick Transfer function. Once you enter the app and enable the Quick Transfer function, it creates a WiFi network to transfer the photos/videos through that net to the phone without the need of a controller being used.

Bluetooth.jpg

WIFI.jpg

None of that has something to do with RID, and it still works with the drone hacked.

Once you turn on the motors on a drone that it's not hacked the drone engages RID, it can be detected by apps like OpeDroneID, DroneScanner and can be seen by any device because it creates a Wi-Fi network called RID-XXXXX.

I flew with my hacked M3 (DH firmware) with both the RC Pro and the RC-N1 o their latest firmware and the latest version of the fly app and the drone didn't emit a thing, neither the Wi-Fi called RID-XXXX, nor it appeared on DroneScanner and OpenDroneID, so it's invisible to karen apps and Aeroscope (which is discontinued now that RID is available btw).

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-17 134236.pngCaptura de pantalla 2024-05-17 133952.png

Reactions: rgarjr
I have had the same experience in regard to my hacked M3 (DroneHacks) emitting RID information as well on two separate M3s. The hacks are installed on both M3s and are being picked up on DroneScanner and OpenDroneID while flying either drone with the DJI RC and the latest DJI RC FW. The hacks are definitely installed correctly and are both emitting remote ID info as if the drone was never hacked. I contacted DroneHacks and they have no idea why this is happening and thought it may be because of the RC possibly emitting the RID info on the latest FW. I don’t know, but it fact and is happening no matter what I try or do….and since there’s no way to downgrade the DJI RC at the moment, I can’t attempt to lower the FW to rule it out. I can guarantee that it is sending out all of the normal RID info and locations of both the drone and operator while on either FW .1000 or .1001 on both of my M3s with the up to date DJI RC FWs. Thought I would share my experience too. Hopefully DHs can figure this out and resolve this issue in a future update, because as of now they gave no other answers or solutions. Fingers crossed.

If i fly the M3 with the DH firmware using my rc pro and the fcc hack on the rc pro something (drone or rc) transmits rid, if i remove the fcc hack from the rc pro theres no rid being transmitted.

Reactions: rgarjr
I'm speculating RID is being implemented differently on the DJI Fly app in the US and EU, which may be the reason the hack is not working for FCC US.

Last edited:
If i fly the M3 with the DH firmware using my rc pro and the fcc hack on the rc pro something (drone or rc) transmits rid, if i remove the fcc hack from the rc pro theres no rid being transmitted.

That may be the problem, overlapping hacks. On a firmware hacked M3 no other hack should be used, like the RC pro hack, the DH companion FCC hack, or the drone tweaks fly app.

I have had the same experience in regard to my hacked M3 (DroneHacks) emitting RID information as well on two separate M3s. The hacks are installed on both M3s and are being picked up on DroneScanner and OpenDroneID while flying either drone with the DJI RC and the latest DJI RC FW. The hacks are definitely installed correctly and are both emitting remote ID info as if the drone was never hacked. I contacted DroneHacks and they have no idea why this is happening and thought it may be because of the RC possibly emitting the RID info on the latest FW. I don’t know, but it fact and is happening no matter what I try or do….and since there’s no way to downgrade the DJI RC at the moment, I can’t attempt to lower the FW to rule it out. I can guarantee that it is sending out all of the normal RID info and locations of both the drone and operator while on either FW .1000 or .1001 on both of my M3s with the up to date DJI RC FWs. Thought I would share my experience too. Hopefully DHs can figure this out and resolve this issue in a future update, because as of now they gave no other answers or solutions. Fingers crossed.
Exactly the same situation here. Its looking like the newest firmware update for DJI RC (not the pro) is the culprit. It seems to turn it all back on. I just bought another used RC remote with a slightly older firmware and reinstalled the DH firmware on the Mavic for a clean start. Testing soon to see if it helps.

***update*** I did some additional testing with the alternate RC remote with slightly older firmware/Fly app and also the basic RC-N1 controller with an Iphone. It was difficult because it would not let me bind any other controllers while the DH hack was onboard the Mavic. It would just beep and beep. I had to flash the stock firmware, bind the new controller, flash the DH firmware again and test the results. Its still getting RID on the wi-fi network no matter what. I'm not sure what to try next. Maybe this is caused from one of the newer updates on the Fly app itself? I will continue to test to see if there is a combo that makes it go away. Looking forward to hearing from anyone with a solution.

Last edited:
That may be the problem, overlapping hacks. On a firmware hacked M3 no other hack should be used, like the RC pro hack, the DH companion FCC hack, or the drone tweaks fly app.
No thats not it unfortunately. I'm only running the main DH Mavic hack, nothing else, and its still transmitting after the RC update. DH thinks its the RC firmware update as well. Fingers crossed for a fix ;(

Reactions: CtrlAltDlt
IF it shows up in a remoteID scanner it does not contain any serial and Position of Aircraft and also Operator is always transmitted as (0,0)

But I also think you guys just see the wifi ssid for direct file transfer. Which is totally to be ignored.

IF it shows up in a remoteID scanner it does not contain any serial and Position of Aircraft and also Operator is always transmitted as (0,0)

But I also think you guys just see the wifi ssid for direct file transfer. Which is totally to be ignored.
No. The whole RID package is being transmitted. And it is happening on two separate M3s that have the DH FW installed on them while flying with the DJI RC. Drone ID, aircraft position, pilot location, everything is displayed on the available drone applications.

No. The whole RID package is being transmitted. And it is happening on two separate M3s that have the DH FW installed on them while flying with the DJI RC. Drone ID, aircraft position, pilot location, everything is displayed on the available drone applications.
Can you post a screenshot of the open drone id app, blocking or course your info.

Well then thats the problem maybe you entered your DroneID in the app and are logged in?

I‘ve not entered a droneid and am not logged into my dji account in the app.

My mavic 3 does not broadcast the information.
Like shown in this video

I don't have aeroscope but my android scanners at least don't show anything

Last edited:
Well then thats the problem maybe you entered your DroneID in the app and are logged in?

I‘ve not entered a droneid and am not logged into my dji account in the app.

My mavic 3 does not broadcast the information.
Like shown in this video

I don't have aeroscope but my android scanners at least don't show anything
Nope. Never.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inou