DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro

@sar104 you know come to think of it. I think DJI is more into the camera/security business anymore then making actual drones.
I was reading a post here that a guy just bought the new "Mavic mini" and he can't fly in his backyard because of NFZ's and he doesn't live in one. Guess the update to fix that will be out late December someone said.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, he was in a 2 month TFR. SAR found the TFR had been cancelled before its end date, but I wasn't able to find the cancellation notice myself, which may be why DJI hadn't removed it. LAANC providers might not be accounting for TFRs.

DJI, could just spend some time working on the their processing with the 20MP chip in the current M2 Pro. The chip can easily handle ISO 800 with other camera applications, but with DJI's implementation ISO 200 is the max without excessive shadow noise.

They could also consider working on the current lens in the M2 Pro, as the one they are using now has many short comings, mainly edge softness.

Would love to see portrait orientation for the camera as with the old Mavic Pro Platinum, as for panos its still the best view (take multiple portrait orientation images and convert them to to single Landscape oriented image). The wide angle view of the current camera makes manual pans of structures, i.e. bridges, roads, buildings etc. difficult due to the wide view.

Odds are will never happen as DJI is not a stills oriented company, only video.

Paul C

If it's the one I'm thinking of, he was in a 2 month TFR. SAR found the TFR had been cancelled before its end date, but I wasn't able to find the cancellation notice myself, which may be why DJI hadn't removed it. LAANC providers might not be accounting for TFRs.

You didn't find it in the NOTAMs?

Archive search: Date = 10/28/19, Location = ZLA, filter results by Airspace » TFRs.

Let's face it, unless you are using your drone to make a living, it's just a very enjoyable hobby. As a very serious amateur photographer (which is what I consider myself, even though I have been published and sold many of my works), I have NEVER waited for the "next best" camera to evolve. Had I done that, I would have never experienced some of the best (and worst) Nikon cameras, both film and digital. Hobbies are rarely a money maker, so just enjoy what you have or buy what you want until something better comes along. And when it does, sell what you have and buy it! So you lose a few hundred bucks, but it's pocket-change compared to the enjoyment you may have missed out on!

I heard about the Mavic 3 rumors and bought a Mavic 2 Pro anyway, my first drone and love the heck out of it! Shoulda, woulda, coulda is NOT in my vocabulary!
Man I am in the first order group for the Skydio 2 and now I just don’t know whether to get it or wait for possible M3, have a M 2 now and love it

You didn't find it in the NOTAMs?

Archive search: Date = 10/28/19, Location = ZLA, filter results by Airspace » TFRs.
Not in either link I provided in the other topic. As a matter of fact, in the root of tfr.faa.gov it didn't show up at all, sorted by TFR number, but does show if you have the direct link, but unless it's in an obscure corner, doesn't show it's cancelled. No status field. That's why I asked you what the link was you used where it did show the status, so that in the future I too can verify the current status of a TFR.

I to have never been restricted by Geofencing. I live about 4 1/2 miles from our airport here in Boise and can still fly to 200 feet with no problems. Granted I do not go to places that I know would potentially be a issue. That said, I currently have 8 various drones in my "fleet" and if the economy stays good will probably add the M3, Autel, and Skydio as well. I believe they all have their place in both the hobbyist, semi-pro, and pro fields. I am a hobbyist first as well as a semi-pro photographer/videographer.

That's why I asked you what the link was you used
If you look at the image in question, at the top left, you will see: phonebook-y.lanl.gov

Not in either link I provided in the other topic. As a matter of fact, in the root of tfr.faa.gov it didn't show up at all, sorted by TFR number, but does show if you have the direct link, but unless it's in an obscure corner, doesn't show it's cancelled. No status field. That's why I asked you what the link was you used where it did show the status, so that in the future I too can verify the current status of a TFR.

Why are you looking at tfr.faa.gov - that only includes current TFRs? That's not the link I provided when you asked where it shows cancelled. It's in the NOTAM system - specifically the archive section:

1575222785222.jpeg

1575222854034.png

1575222969735.png

Man I am in the first order group for the Skydio 2 and now I just don’t know whether to get it or wait for possible M3, have a M 2 now and love it

I know the Skydio looks attractive in the videos, but in my mind, a lot of uncertainty exists with regards to customer service, repairs, parts and just support in general. I could be wrong, but that's my concern. As far as the "Alleged" Mavic 3, this is my plan: if it's that much better, wait 6 months or so, then buy one used from someone that just "had to have it". That's how I got my M2P w/fly more for $900!

Why are you looking at tfr.faa.gov - that only includes current TFRs? That's not the link I provided when you asked where it shows cancelled. It's in the NOTAM system - specifically the archive section:

View attachment 87008

View attachment 87010

View attachment 87011
I see the problem. I was only seeing the title of the hyperlink and not registering that it was a hyperlink. Spelling out "<<FNS-Home>>" would have made it more obvious and what I was asking for. Now I know.

I see the problem. I was only seeing the title of the hyperlink and not registering that it was a hyperlink. Spelling out <<FNS-Home>> would have made it more obvious and what I was asking for. Now I know.

Yes - sorry - that could have been clearer. I simply put the link into the post and the forum software converted it to that rather obscure text.

Anyway, you'd think the TFR details would also provide the current status. It's the TFR subsite that came up when I googled the TFR ID.

When he says: that's all we know so far on the DJI Mavic 3
... what he really means is : That's what we have guessed and made up so far
There is very little evidence for most of what's in the video.

Which is entirely typical for these rumours which frustratingly seem to draw a lot of attention with no actual information. I realise closer to launch there is usually some genuine items but there's usually years of guessing made to look like it's from genuine sources. People will point out the rumour site was correct but then a dead watch still tells the correct time twice a day...

Six to one
Half-dozen to another.

What do you expect. BS floats all over
Just get what you want, to put dii I not need to justify it. If What you get doesn’t work for you, sell it on eBay. You need to enjoy what you have. The mini does kick butt for what it is totally enjoyable product

I am still flying both of my Mavic Pros, 1st editions. Still making money and good cinematography content. I have held off purchasing the Mavic 2 Pro because no 4K@60fps. My content from my current drones still rock and give me great satisfaction.

But if the Mavic 3 has 4k@60fps I will be biting the hook, line & sinker. If it has better obstacle avoidence I will consider it a bonus. I usually just avoid running into things visually....lol

Reactions: Radpuppy
The 8K 360 cameras are due out any day now... If DJI was smart they'd figure out a way to put a 8K 360 cam on a drone... I mounted a 5.6K 360 on my mavic and the footage is great to work with... 8K would be so much better for a Mavic 3

My Mini was stuck in customs (Alaska) and the issue was the batteries. DJI had to submit some sort of paperwork.
@dirkclod I was watching "51drones" vlog on YouTube last week ago and he said that for some reason his new mini got stuck at customs for a while. I wonder what they were doing with it????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece