DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3E

Pitchpost

Reactions
I'm new to the forum, does anyone know if you can purchase just the M3E drone itself.

I'm assuming the RC pro controller and M3 batteries will work in the M3E ??

Thanks

The batteries will work. The Mavic 3 E uses DJI Pilot 2 for software so you would have to get that on your RC Pro.
If I had to bet on it, I would say that the controller will not work even if you get past the problem of getting DJI Pilot 2 installed.

DJI always seems to want to make you buy more products to get all capabilities even in a similar series such as Mavic 3 consumer, prosumer and enterprise.

Reactions: shb
Thank you jaja, That is exactly what I am trying to figure out! need to upgrade / purchase a new drone.
Currently flying a P4Pro, which is still a awesome drone, but it seems to be having transmission connection issues as of late ( planned obsolescence??). I do a blend of construction photography and as of late mapping work. Initially I thought the mew M3pro was the ticket, but no SDK and no mech. shutter, which moves me to the M3E.

As for my question, I thought maybe I'd buy a older M3 or M3classic with a RC pro, and then perhaps be able to purchase just the M3E drone itself. and have both drones, swappable batteries and a controller that works for both.

Trying to save a couple bucks.

Thank you jaja, That is exactly what I am trying to figure out! need to upgrade / purchase a new drone.
Currently flying a P4Pro, which is still a awesome drone, but it seems to be having transmission connection issues as of late ( planned obsolescence??). I do a blend of construction photography and as of late mapping work. Initially I thought the mew M3pro was the ticket, but no SDK and no mech. shutter, which moves me to the M3E.

As for my question, I thought maybe I'd buy a older M3 or M3classic with a RC pro, and then perhaps be able to purchase just the M3E drone itself. and have both drones, swappable batteries and a controller that works for both.

Trying to save a couple bucks.
Are you trying to use Litchi? The M3E still won’t work with it, but DroneDeploy will for over $300 per month for the basic plan and $600 for the advanced plan (RTK, higher resolution mapping, etc). It looks like they are no longer offering a free autonomous routing option like they used to.

Last edited:
Are you trying to use Litchi? The M3E still won’t work with it, but DroneDeploy will for over $300 per month for the basic plan and $600 for the advanced plan (RTK, higher resolution mapping, etc). It looks like they are no longer offering a free autonomous routing option like they used to.
No, I'm using DroneLink

There is a thread on the DJI forum where someone is ripping DJI on the M3E controller not working with the M3 (Pro, Classic M3) and DJI's official statement from a moderator is the controllers will not work between prosumer and enterprise M3's. There is a Youtube video from a British guy that says something similar. So I am unaware of any user made fix that addresses this.

I am flying the M3T and wanting to know if I can purchase just the M3E aircraft?

Thanks,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13