DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Acting Crazy Mid-Flight

siwady

Reactions

So I was flying my Mavic Pro yesterday, It was around 800m away from me and then this happened mid flight!!

Can someone explain what the hell happened there.

I almost had a heart attack :eek::eek::eek:

So I was flying my Mavic Pro yesterday, It was around 800m away from me and then this happened mid flight!!

Can someone explain what the **** happened there.

can u post the flight data file

Can someone explain what the **** happened there.

Was this after you did the lastest firmware update?

I heard the update can do that.

Yeah after the latest update. Ill post the flight data soon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

if I were you I'd downgrade to last FW before flying again.

make sure to get the .dat off the mavic itself with the dji assistant.

if there was a reset midflight it might have lost a couple hundred feet in altitude before it fell to terminal velocity and the engines woke up again via windmilling or whatnot.

your video suquence looks like something skydiving just opened up a parachute.

My first flight after the update was down into a deep creek to view a waterfall. I was hopeful nothing like this would happen. It didn't.

Certainly seems to me that it was some sudden violent movement by the camera rather than by the entire drone itself.

For me it looks like the gimbal is going through the calibration sequence.
The copter is staying in place all the time.

If it had cycled power it would not continue recording. And if it fell it would not automatically restart the motors - sorry, that's nonsense.

Check and compare the movements yourself:

For me it looks like the gimbal is going through the calibration sequence.
The copter is staying in place all the time.

If it had cycled power it would not continue recording. And if it fell it would not automatically restart the motors - sorry, that's nonsense.

Check and compare the movements yourself:
Yes I guess what you're saying makes sense the most, but why would it do that. The flight data doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.

By the way apparently I was around 1400m away when it happened [emoji15]

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Yes, Looks like gimbal/camera reset and went through calibration, could be from a loose power connection, has the Mavic had any crashes or hard landings?

Reactions: dewster
Look like your camera did a reset mid flight? Because your drone looked like it was hovering... could be glitch not sure.... first one to post about this issue since update

Ship under cloaking.. Technology of Romulan origin, that can generate an energy screen to render a target object — usually a spacecraft — relatively invisible to sensors. Due to their immense power drain, cloaking generators have usually prohibited simultaneous use of other major systems such as weaponry, shields or warp drive:) siriusly i would like see data flight..

..be fRee and fLy..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys