DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Controller won't Connect to my Phone

Newton()

Reactions
My Mavic Air 2 got delivered yesterday. However, when I connect my phone to the controller, the phone doesn't recognize that the controller is connected. I have attached the controller and drone to my computer and updated the firmware on both. I also have tried connecting to the controller with different phones, both Android(Galaxy S8) and iPhone, and all have the same issue. I've removed my phone case to make sure the cable is making a full connection and I am using the latest version of the DJI Fly app.

Has anyone experienced this with their Air 2? With any other DJI drones?

Also, do we know how to control the drone without a phone? When I have both the controller and drone powered on, the lights on the controller stop flashing and go solid. I assume this means that the 2 are connected, but pressing any of the buttons or spinning camera wheel do nothing on the drone (Not sure if you should be able to do this without the phone connection working). This was purchased from Best Buy, not sure if that makes a difference.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue....both my phone and tablet won't go pass (step 3 on connect the rc and mobile device) Disconnect everything and rehook it up them to the mavic air1 and, have no issues.

Yeah my phone connects no problem to my Mavic Mini. I wonder if it’s locked until tomorrow? But I’ve seen other people flying it so I got no clue.

Guys shutdown your phone after plug it in the controler using the cable provided with the drone and start your phone. Make sure to start the remote and drone before doing this. When the remote is linked to the drone then do what I mention at beginning. If you have an iPhone and this doesn’t work reinstall the iOS using your PC and iTunes .... not over the air...with the pc and iTunes. Sometimes this resolve the problems. Also refresh the fw update with dji (assistant update last version) and make sure to use the cable provide with the drone because some add non connecting device using third party cable and also make sure that your device is listed on dji website as iOS compatible. Good luck

what gets me....is my mavic air setup works just fine. unplug everything...set it up for the mavic air2 and nothing is working

Ok iPhone X is listed in compatible phone so use the USB C to lightning cable that they send you with the rc and if this doesn’t work shutdown the phone and plug in the rc after and start the phone and see but you must have the remote and drone started before doing this

I assume you have both the DJI GO and FLY apps on the same phone? Try force closing the GO app before attempting to connect the FLY app to your MA2 controller. Also check the USB accessories option in settings, under the passcode options.

My iPad Pro 9.7 wasn’t working with my mavic air one and I had to refresh the iOS using the iTunes not over the air because the rc was not seeing the iPad. Maybe try this after

My iPad Pro 9.7 wasn’t working with my mavic air one and I had to refresh the iOS using the iTunes not over the air because the rc was not seeing the iPad. Maybe try this after
I’ll try connecting it with the phone off. Refreshing the iOS would be super annoying though. I don’t have the DJI Go app, just the DJI Fly app.

Make sure your remote is paired to the drone and also do you have the latest version of dji assistant 2

Make sure your remote is linked to the drone and also do you have the latest version of dji assistant 2
I installed it last night and updated the firmware on the controller and the drone to the latest. I also tried refreshing both a couple of times. How do I check if the drone and controller are linked? Is there a way to relink them? I didn’t see it mentioned in the QuickStart guide.

I really hope this isn’t a hardware problem with the controller. I don’t want to have to send it back =(

There must be an procedure for the pairing but we don’t haveThe user manual yet but when your light on rc are solid does the one on the back of the drone are flashing green if yes it seems to be paired and if not you’ll have to chat dji to know how to pair

There must be an procedure for the pairing but we don’t haveThe user manual yet but when your light on rc are solid does the one on the back of the drone are flashing green if yes it seems to be paired and if not you’ll have to chat dji to know how to pair
2 flash twice green and the other 2 are solid red.

If the controller and drone aren’t paired, could that cause the phone to not connect?

Yesterday did you update the drone to the computer without trying to connect the phone to rc and start everything just to see if it was working

Yesterday did you update the drone to the computer without trying to connect the phone to rc and start everything fitted to see if it was working
It wasn’t working when I first got it. Same exact problems and symptoms that I describe above. I figured maybe there was a firmware update that would fix the issues so I install the DJI assistant 2 app and updated both the controller and the drone to the latest version. The updates installed with no problems at all, but the phone still won’t connect. I’ve also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI fly app

So yes, I tried before and after updating. I only updated through the computer because it wasn’t working already.

You can’t activate the drone until after this step, right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13