DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Crashed!

vladonni

Reactions
Good day Pilots!

So I crashed my mavic air 2 yesterday. Flying reverse in to the wall. Luckily I found it after extensive search. This is the damage:
- Camera is still dangling on the working cable, and it works.
- gimbal is broken and the cable is ripped from one motor. There are some plastic parts missing as well so it’s not fixable.

What are the chances I can fix this with least expense? I was searching a lot but cant find is there a way of replacing only a gimbal?

Thanks.

Attachments

• FCDFBC6F-0DF9-4732-A147-9FCD34F0BAC6.jpeg
    FCDFBC6F-0DF9-4732-A147-9FCD34F0BAC6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
Welcome abord and sorry for your loss.

You would need new gimbal/camera module...
Which is unfortunately one of the most expensive parts of the drone.

Because of those being handled and sold as single tightly integrated unit doubtfull you can find gimbal alone.
And that includes parts salvaged from crashed drone:
Any hit breaking camera has likely at least as high propability for also smashing gimbal.

I would get a quote from DJI. Won’t cost to see what they would charge..might be pleasantly surprised. Will be offered Refresh afterwards as well. Start a ticket with Support for instructions and mailing labels.

I would get a quote from DJI. Won’t cost to see what they would charge..might be pleasantly surprised. Will be offered Refresh afterwards as well. Start a ticket with Support for instructions and mailing labels.
Definitely the best way to go!

Reactions: Kawamaki
Thanks for suggestions!

Here is the update that might be helpful to someone.

First I contacted store that sold it to me here in Bosnia&Herzegovina and they quoted repair between 200 and 300 EUR, 2 weeks time and no warranty since they are not official service.

Second I put request to DJI service in Hungary, shipped drone to my friend in Austria who then shipped it to DJI Service Hungary. Within 4 days I received quote. They would replace only gimbal and with shipping included they would charge me 99EUR, I paid straight away. And to my surprise I received brand new unit back. I read before that it is common practice to ship brand new units to save time on repairs.

Total cost 130EUR. Pretty good!

Reactions: Ghosty
Noice! I've been lucky with my drone's crashings :X

Went against a palm tree once, broke one of the rotating blades, no worries, replaced in place and flying again.

Good to know it wasn't an arm and a leg for the repair. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos