DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air? January 23, 2018

No one will know until the release. Can’t wait for the actual specs from DJI.

Well of course nobody knows. Speculating is fun!

I JUST bought a Mavic and a Spark the same week (3 weeks ago!) as my first drones, also pre-ordered a Tello, and I'm STILL hyped for this release. TAKE MY MONEY!

Buying 4 drones in a month isn't weird, is it? TELL ME IT'S NOT WEIRD!

I JUST bought a Mavic and a Spark the same week (3 weeks ago!) as my first drones, also pre-ordered a Tello, and I'm STILL hyped for this release. TAKE MY MONEY!

You are a drone junky and have been captured by the hobby! Hell,
I have been a junky of DJI for 9 years. Lol!! :p

Haha of course its not weird. I just hope you had bought the Spark Fly More Combo when Microcenter had it on sale for $399. It was in-store only and wasn't listed on their website. Or get Best Buy to price match it and get a free $50 GC with a purchase of a Spark promotion they had going on with it like I did to save you at least some money.

Haha of course its not weird. I just hope you had bought the Spark Fly More Combo when Microcenter had it on sale for $399. It was in-store only and wasn't listed on their website. Or get Best Buy to price match it and get a free $50 GC with a purchase of a Spark promotion they had going on with it like I did to save you at least some money.

Oh I'm an addict but I'm a relatively smart addict. $399 indeed for the Fly More, and then $899 for the Mavic Fly More combo, too. Not too bad, I think. :D

Which one will it be? :)
mavic_air.png

Where are you guys pulling this stuff? It is a hint and a hint only.
I think many of you will be surprised at the release!;)
Drone Master, that is just me tinkering in Photoshop by combining the image from the video with the announcement image. Speculation is fun :)

Reactions: csevengo
Drone Master, that is just me tinkering in Photoshop by combining the image from the video with the announcement image. Speculation is fun :)
I like your thought. That is why DJI loves this attention and attracts people that want to fly and see thru the eyes of a bird. I have been there for many years with DJI. You got to love it, thick and thin. DJI always comes true.
I don’t expect anything different with the upcoming event.:cool:

Wondering if anyone else has heard rumors of a "Mavic Air" supposedly being announced on January 23. Was reading a article and it states that it will probably a smaller and faster version of the Mavic Pro with a price point between $600-$900 to help bridge that gap between the Spark and Mavic Pro. Allegedly there was a video posted online with a sighting of the Mavic Air but has since taken down. It would be nice if there were some photos of its size compared to the MP, if not then I guess we'll have to wait a little over a week.

Source: DJI Mavic Air, a smaller, lighter and faster drone to be unveiled in NYC on Jan 23rd?
I know what it is but Judge Judy advised me not to tell anyone - sadly my lips are sealed till that date - sorry!

Would definitely like a water proof drone so I can fly it on a rainy day

DJI acquired Apple's mystique about releasing their products, specs, etc ..

It would be good if they do the same with Apple's customer service as well.

Reactions: CChoiVA
Would definitely like a water proof drone so I can fly it on a rainy day
I knew someone once who had a waterproof drone and very reliable it was too - unfortunately the controller sadly electrocuted him...and it was all captured in 4K using ND16 filter, it hovered for 30 mins and landed, the farmer found the drone but not the body - all very sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dw911 and WilliamG
I knew someone once who had a waterproof drone and very reliable it was too - unfortunately the controller sadly electrocuted him...and it was all captured in 4K using ND16 filter.

Electrocuted?
Was it mains powered i.e AC or something.
Up to 60vdc is normally considered safe

Reactions: Ken Nash
Lol. Tell me you’re kidding? :D

Nope. You’re not.

But the other guy was. :)

I did wonder that, but then i thought, there's a few on here who see a plastic bag/bird/ufo/starship enterprise - delete as appropriate- out the window of a plane, but assume it must be a drone and post as such, so yes i did beleve it could be possible that soneone may think a drome could electrocuted someone to death :D

Maybe :D these or similar at the end should be compulsory so we can be 100% which are the wack job postings and which are not ;):D

From what I have seen from the Autel drone, it comes with different cameras. The new DJI drone should at least have the same capabilities. There might be different specs to choose from, depending on your needs.

Hello mavic air
7d8066e87ed24404a495a3d363d52557.jpg

Hello mavic air
7d8066e87ed24404a495a3d363d52557.jpg
Ha! if this is true, they really went hard with the ad to make it seem super stealthy and streamlined, This looks like a slightly larger spark. If its water resistant and has a good camera I am in!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu