DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic AIR Strong wind test.

Thanks for showing this. It does very well as I would have expected. I have flown my Mavic Pro in about 25mph+ and I do believe it is a little more stable. It is also MUCH quieter. I can’t believe how noisy the Air is. I had a Phantom 3 standard and was constantly yelled at because of the noise. I think the Air might even be louder. I would definitely consider buying an Air but I just bought my MP for $764 and batteries at $68 on Cyber Monday from Target. At that price, I am still thrilled. The Air does look like a nice drone for the money though. Do you think the scuffing might have been caused by the props flexing due to the high wind conditions? Just a thought.

Thanks for showing this. It does very well as I would have expected. I have flown my Mavic Pro in about 25mph+ and I do believe it is a little more stable. It is also MUCH quieter. I can’t believe how noisy the Air is. I had a Phantom 3 standard and was constantly yelled at because of the noise. I think the Air might even be louder. I would definitely consider buying an Air but I just bought my MP for $764 and batteries at $68 on Cyber Monday from Target. At that price, I am still thrilled. The Air does look like a nice drone for the money though. Do you think the scuffing might have been caused by the props flexing due to the high wind conditions? Just a thought.
MP for $764 that's a great deal! MP can fly longer and longer range, also small enough to carry. As for the my MA, I don't know what hit it. Don't see no dent or damage to the drone. I've thought about maybe it hit a bug but don't see no blood or anything. Dunno what hit it.

Another high wind test, by someone who is definitely not an uncritical fanboy. He says it's as good as the Phantom 4 in strong wind! It's looking more and more like the Air is an upgrade to the Pro rather than a step down. Better active track, better obstacle avoidance, better camera/bitrate, better gimbal, better in the wind, cheaper, more portable, gesture control that is not just a gimmick. Seems to me that for most people those pluses would outweigh the minuses of no occusync, shorter flight times, less range, and not as good controller.

But I wish it didn't sound like a swarm of angry bees. That's the biggest negative for me right now.

Another high wind test, by someone who is definitely not an uncritical fanboy. He says it's as good as the Phantom 4 in strong wind! It's looking more and more like the Air is an upgrade to the Pro rather than a step down. Better active track, better obstacle avoidance, better camera/bitrate, better gimbal, better in the wind, cheaper, more portable, gesture control that is not just a gimmick. Seems to me that for most people those pluses would outweigh the minuses of no occusync, shorter flight times, less range, and not as good controller.
I have tested all that (gestures control, active track quickshots and etc...) you can check out those video. Hope it helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven