DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Announcement Anniversary

LongRifle

Reactions
Wasn't the Mavic announced exactly a year ago today? I didn't hear about it for a few days and I hesitated to order it for a few days more. My mistake as I waited an extra month because of it, but finally pulled the trigger on Oct. 7 and received it on Dec. 5.

I'm one of the many that got a flawless Mavic. It's never even had a bad update (the annoying NFZ warning a few updates ago notwithstanding). 112 miles on the odometer and 18 hours of flight time and she's still good as new. Not even a noticeable battery degradation (according to Airdata UAV) on my entire Flymore set.

Got the Goggles a few months ago and made the experience even better, which I didn't think was possible. It made introducing people to quadcopters a lot easier when they could see it for themselves what it's like from the "cockpit". I was ready to spend another $1300 this year, but was a little disappointed that the Platinum only offered 3 more minutes of flight time. Anyone actually believe it would produce significantly reduced noise? Outdoors?

What's your Mavic story after one year?

Reactions: CJenk42 and dewster
Very late adopter, but have no regrets as I've relished every trouble-free flight. I am also happy the MPP wasn't anything I couldn't live without because I'm not rich and need some time to recoup from my hobby. I'll happily fly this and my other birds until a true successor.

its a good design from the outset, had one since January all fine

Very late adopter, but have no regrets as I've relished every trouble-free flight. I am also happy the MPP wasn't anything I couldn't live without because I'm not rich and need some time to recoup from my hobby. I'll happily fly this and my other birds until a true successor.

Better late than never. At least you didn't have to wait an excruciating 8 weeks for yours. ;)

Got mine at the beginning of the year. First major voyage was Fiji for 20th wedding anniversary. I'm a real stickler for RTFM so I have never had a single problem from the beginning. I've done all the upgrades and all has been smooth. I absolutely love this bird.

Yep. DJI's keynote made my jaw drop over the Mavic. I forgot about any thoughts of buying GoPro's Karma. As far as I can tell my craft is flawless. No issues yet.

The Karma never looked right to me, so I never considered it. I already had a pair of Bebop 1's. I was considering the Bebop 2 FPV bundle with the smaller controller. I never liked the cameras on the Parrots, so I kept holding off until I heard about the Mavic. It's never been so easy letting go of $1400 (bought the refresh also) after I saw the features of the Mavic. It's been all :D ever since.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard