DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic battery question

johnsctt78

Reactions
Hi guys
One of my mavic batteries looks like it has a slight bulge on it. I tested the battery. It's at 98%life left and 27 charge cycles
Would this slight increase be normal thru it's life. IMG_20190127_110849535.jpegIMG_20190127_110837062_HDR.jpeg

Reactions: Point Zero
In the Lipo world, it's called puffing. If that were my battery, I would use it for field charging my phone, controller, etc. Never in flight.

That puff could cause the battery to not lock in properly or worse, during flight, if it expanded, could cause the battery to pop out, then it's bye bye Mavic.

p.s. any Lipo that has been puffed is dangerous. I say that I would use it because I know their tolerances. Anyone else, especially beginners, should dispose of them properly.

If its at 98% and just 27 cycles under its belt then I would send it back under warranty and get a brand new one!

Good job spotting it dude and I would defo not use it because of what Thunderdrones said, that's the best advice ever, it could so easily expand when your using it next, pop out from its bay and break the power connection and that would be that.

If its at 98% and just 27 cycles under its belt then I would send it back under warranty and get a brand new one!

Good job spotting it dude and I would defo not use it because of what Thunderdrones said, that's the best advice ever, it could so easily expand when your using it next, pop out from its bay and break the power connection and that would be that.

Good point. DJI might even send him a free one and let him keep that one if its under warranty. They always tell people dont send batteries in if they have been breached.

In the Lipo world, it's called puffing. If that were my battery, I would use it for field charging my phone, controller, etc. Never in flight.

That puff could cause the battery to not lock in properly or worse, during flight, if it expanded, could cause the battery to pop out, then it's bye bye Mavic.

p.s. any Lipo that has been puffed is dangerous. I say that I would use it because I know their tolerances. Anyone else, especially beginners, should dispose of them properly.

Just out of interest @Thunderdrones , how would you advise people to dispose of their no longer needed Lipo batteries?

Just out of interest @Thunderdrones , how would you advise people to dispose of their no longer needed Lipo batteries?

Some Home Depots take them, Microcenter, but people should call first to make sure they take them. Home depot probably sells thousands of batteries every day, and people just want to toss their old ones, so they have a place just for them.

Reactions: Point Zero

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J