DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Boat/Beach Video

bcjkdem

Reactions
If you could take a look at this Mavic video, and let me know any feedback/suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

My untrained assessment....take it for what it's worth. Video looks good on my small screen S8+.

I would mix in some other sights than just the beach and harbor area. My ADD started to flare up around the 2:20 mark. Maybe a low orbit around what appears to be a lighthouse on the beach...or similar about the town, or the rocks creating the harbor. Something to break up the beach scenes.

The end scene was pretty slick. I'd start maybe high 45 off their faces, and descending orbit round the short side to reveal the scene.

Now you just need to give it to the state TDC so they can give Tim Allen a huge paycheck to say "Pure Michigan" with the logo dissolve. ;)

Reactions: bcjkdem
My untrained assessment....take it for what it's worth. Video looks good on my small screen S8+.

I would mix in some other sights than just the beach and harbor area. My ADD started to flare up around the 2:20 mark. Maybe a low orbit around what appears to be a lighthouse on the beach...or similar about the town, or the rocks creating the harbor. Something to break up the beach scenes.

The end scene was pretty slick. I'd start maybe high 45 off their faces, and descending orbit round the short side to reveal the scene.

Now you just need to give it to the state TDC so they can give Tim Allen a huge paycheck to say "Pure Michigan" with the logo dissolve. ;)
LOL!! This ^ = awesome!

Yeah, I would have loved to get a nice orbit of the "lighthouse" but every time I walked by it, there were a bunch of people crowded around, and I didn't want my "giant flying bug" to scare them into calling in the fuzz. And yeah, I would have gotten some more shots of the town and other scenes, but I only had about an hour to fly/shoot before the clouds covered the sun completely/sunset. I too felt it could have used some more scenes.

The end scene was actually me, and my one hand was controlling the mavic, while the other was preoccupied. I was trying to keep it steady without staring down at the screen, all while keeping it from hitting the sand dune right behind us. That was one of the more tricky shots I've ever pulled off... :)

Thanks so much for the feedback! It goes a long way for me, in making adjustments for future videos.

Reactions: RavenTBK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78