DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC CAMERA SUDDEN GIMBAL MOVE

Reactions
Hello all

I have been enjoying all the articles here and hope somebody can help me with this

My drones camera made a sudden move (i think drone itself turned suddenly as well) during flight.

Movie clip links are

Please see 0:30 and 0:48

It never happenes before and I cluelessly guess it is due to some kind of magnetic interference or sudden compass error (as i am in Western Australia where soil is rich in iron ore) or due to the recent accident (props hit the tree leaves and fell on soft sand from 2 m height)

I did IMU calibration and gimbal calibration few weeks ago when accident happens

Latest firmware / android phone

Hope anybody helps!

Thank you
Kevin

Reactions: Former Member
Try the same flight with the vision sensors off? It could be because you look into the bright sun??
I've had a similar thing happen.

Ahh.. ok thank you.
If i remember correctly i already turned off.
And sun was behind.

To me, it happens a lot that it shows error something like "breaking point, put the stick to the middle" (sorry i dont remember exactly) when i fly it sunset time, so i turned it off

Thank you

Ahh.. ok thank you.
If i remember correctly i already turned off.
And sun was behind.

To me, it happens a lot that it shows error something like "breaking point, put the stick to the middle" (sorry i dont remember exactly) when i fly it sunset time, so i turned it off

Thank you
Flying in sports mode perhaps? The gimbal can do some twitching while flying in sports mode, is my experience, I never use it while filming.

It's possible the gimbal rebooted itself, the twitch movements look similar to start up.
This has been noted a few times and is alarming but basically it is detecting a developing issue and 'fixes' it.
No need to worry unless it keeps happening.

or due to the recent accident

It's possible that your gimbal ribbon cable possibly became slightly torn or partially unseated from the gimbal PCB just enough to cause it to reboot occasionally when the gimbal loses power. If that's the case, as @4wd said, no need to worry unless it keeps happening, but it is unnerving so see the camera swinging wildly on its own while youre flying.

For me, if it happened as often as once a flight, I would get it looked at.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcomons