DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic case

Statiaman

Reactions
I think it's wise to avoid folding the Mavic as much as possible,especially when just moving a bit to a new location,so bought this case on EBay, holds everything securely. Mavic supplied case is just too small.
01324a8df323fa05c22b9fb7bac5daed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: htommy
It's designed to be folded. I honestly don't see the issue. If anything it looks more prone to damage opened up like that.

This negates the main positive about the Mavic. It's portability. I took mine on a flight in my hand luggage and barely knew it was there. This is about the size of a P4 case.

Anyway each to their own.

I think it's wise to avoid folding the Mavic as much as possible,especially when just moving a bit to a new location,so bought this case on EBay, holds everything securely. Mavic supplied case is just too small.

Hi Statiaman
Do you have a link for the supplier of the case that you can post here...
Waylander

It's designed to be folded and can be folded without issues up to 5000 times. As for the Mavic's included bag, I can fit everything that came shipped to with the Mavic in that bag, including the Mavic. It's not too small if you can fit everything in there.

Reactions: Icarus
It's designed to be folded. I honestly don't see the issue. If anything it looks more prone to damage opened up like that.

This negates the main positive about the Mavic. It's portability. I took mine on a flight in my hand luggage and barely knew it was there. This is about the size of a P4 case.

I use both cases, this one for fishing and out at sea on the boat, everything is at hand and no digging deep and possible salt damage when something falls out. Then the original Mavic case if I'm flying, which easily fits in my hand luggage. Batteries go into sealed fire proof cases just to keep some of the less well informed airlines happy.

Reactions: yamahu
Aren't the arms of the Mavic under tension when extended. I think it would wear out the springs.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mavic 57
Don't buy a case for the Mavic. Make one out of the Box, then throw it into your backpack or camera bag. If it was good enough to ship it in, it's good enough to store it in. It's an ecofriendly solution. It is convenient durable and if you want to beef it up, spray it with bedliner or plastidip!

Reactions: kika and paulbeumer
By far, the most impressive case for protecting the Mavic Pro is the NANUK 920. It is perfect for the Mavic Pro. It has all the room you could hope for in a Hard Plastic Protective Case. If I was just going to run to someplace close or do some serious hiking or camping, then the Stock Mavic case that came with the Fly More Edition is your best bet. But for total and complete protection of the Mavic Pro itself and associated parts, then the NANUK 920, which is custom built for the Mavic, can not be beat.

www.amazon.com/Nanuk-920-MAV3-Waterproof-Insert-Mavic/dp/B01MYV61I4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1488947035&sr=8-5&keywords=Nanuk+920+case

This is where I bought my case, it was a toss up between the Orange or the Yellow. Check out the interior foam and you can then see how it is perfect for the Mavic.

Reactions: Cimriver
So let me get this straight....you waited weeks, probably months...paid a premium price of $1000 or more for a drone that's selling point is it's foldability and portability then decided; I know more then DJI's engineers, this drone wasn't made to be folded??!! o_O
When I saw that picture, for some reason Hubsan comes to mind.

As Foxtrot Uniform stated...thread of the year candidate.

So let me get this straight....you waited weeks, probably months...paid a premium price of $1000 or more for a drone that's selling point is it's foldability and portability then decided; I know more then DJI's engineers, this drone wasn't made to be folded??!! o_O
When I saw that picture, for some reason Hubsan comes to mind.

As Foxtrot Uniform stated...thread of the year candidate.
Truth, might as well got the P4..

Reactions: triumphrider

you only get 5000 folds

Dji says the mavic is rated for 5000 folds if you never fold it ya won't have future issues
I highly doubt it will fail in the life time of the mavic. If you are gentle with it and don't slam it open and shut there shouldn't be an issue.

Dji says the mavic is rated for 5000 folds if you never fold it ya won't have future issues
My LED lightbulb is rated for 50,000 hours, if I don't turn it on, it won't burn out...same thought process?
There's a better chance of something else failing well before an arm falls off on the 5,001st fold.

My Mavic fits in the Mavic bag including the fly more parts and with the extra height legs still attached, see youtube how to pack it all in, it really does fit everything in. Reason I bought was the portability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN