DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Catch Handle

After trying a couple of ways to hand catch the Mavic.. I settled on the "out stretched hand" approach.. which is by far the easiest.. Just place you hand "palm up" under the Mavic and use the left stick as normal to lower/stop the motors.. The Mavic just thinks your palm is the ground and basically lands on it and motors stop.. easy peasy.. BTW - this forum is where I get ALL my info regarding 'tricks, tips & tech support" - it's a great site!!

Completely agree. I try to hand catch as often as possible. Someone might find this less daunting but I personally wouldn't want to fly with the additional weight.

So uh, is this a hands free catch handle?

mlt79Qv.jpg

Interesting design choice.

Reactions: allen2oo3
Reactions: MavicMo
LOL!! I was going to say something similar but thought better to keep this thread rated "G" ....

I've seen it somewhere else.. but it wasn't hands free..

Hi Guys,

Just having a look on eBay for Mavic accessories and came across this catch handle that may interest some people. Looks to be 3D printed, first I've seen.

DJI MAVIC PRO - Catch Handle - BLACK | eBay

Enjoy

It's funny that the pictures on eBay do not show the person holding the handle while it's attached to the Mavic. Instead, there's a picture of the person holding the front of the Mavic. It's as if they are not confident the handle will work.

Has anyone modified something like this to catch the Mavic: Long Arm Grabber Tool - Walmart.com

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Not even sure how much that's going to affect flight stability or battery life, but I'm sure the props are going to suffer if you have to land with that thing still attached.

A better solution would be a metal plate and then a catch arm with magnets (preferably not in the shape of a prop from Lock, Stock...) - only problem would be that I wouldn't want magnets anywhere near a Mavic, given its sensors and in particular a compass. Could try Velcro but it might get messy if you don't get a good "catch". Best solution must be using that thing on the end of your arm?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

It's funny that the pictures on eBay do not show the person holding the handle while it's attached to the Mavic. Instead, there's a picture of the person holding the front of the Mavic. It's as if they are not confident the handle will work.

Has anyone modified something like this to catch the Mavic: Long Arm Grabber Tool - Walmart.com
These are quicker.still_life_photography_HB053_350A.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs