DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Crash in Australia. Quick repair support?

Aussie

Reactions
Hi Guys,
I am hoping you can help me out with a major problem regarding my DJI Mavic in Australia.
I am currently on holidays in Australia and was hoping to get some awesome shots with my Mavic. Unfortunately this morning my drone lost the GPS signal whilst hovering, took off on its own and crashed into a cliff. I didn't even have my hands on the controls at the time. Anyways, I managed to rescue the drone but the damage is quite severe (torn off gimbal and smashed front left arm / LED light). Long story short, it's obviously not going to take anymore pictures. As I am currently traveling the Outback, I don't see a chance of getting this fixed before I get to Sydney next week. Now my questions:

- What chances do I have, that DJI will fix this on warranty since I don't believe it was a pilot error?
- What options do I have in Australia to get a quick repair or replacement (within 5 days) in Sydney?

Since this trip was a main reason for me to buy the drone and I've already collected some beautiful footage, I don't want to give up on this topic for the rest of my holiday. I hope you can help me out.

Cheers!

Where did you buy and register your Mavic? There's a DJI repair center in Victoria. Use the DJI Go 4 app to get a hold of online support and see what they can do. I bought and registered my Mavic in Australia. When I went to NZ and crashed my drone (pilot error on my part), I had to wait 2 weeks until I return to Australia to initiate the DJI Care Refresh. I don't know if it's the same it this was a malfunction.

Hi Ray, thanks for your reply.
I bought the drone in Germany... The guy at EE Hobbies told me, a warranty claim can only be lodged in the country I bought it... And despite that, it would take up to 10 working days + shipping, so if I'm lucky, I'll get it back shortly before I leave, which isn't really a satisfying option...

I guess, the only option is to buy a new one and try and claim the warranty back home. Maybe I can sell the new one again on ebay. Not a great option, but I'll have to think about it, since the main reason for the initial purchase was this trip.
I just thought there might be a quick uncomplicated way to bring it in to a Sydney dealer and get it repaired or replaced.

it does definitely seem like you are complicated situation. if you buy just a Mavic here, I guess you would have to find a buyer in Australia before you leave. Otherwise, if you sell it when you are back to Germany, the person who bought it in Germany would have trouble claiming warranty if that drone then crashes (but that wouldn't be your problem..., but us Mavic owners are nice people so we won't do that ;)).
Buying just the Mavic might be cheaper, but harder to sell without RC and batteries, unless someone is just looking for a spare. And if you keep it for yourself as a spare, the warranty for that Mavic applies only in Australia.

Perhaps there's someone in Sydney who's in this forum that does repairs?

I did see a local ad for quick drone repairs. I can't recall where I saw it but it was in Narembeen/ Naremburn, in Sydney's Northern suburbs. Maybe try a Google search

it does definitely seem like you are complicated situation. if you buy just a Mavic here, I guess you would have to find a buyer in Australia before you leave...

Just a thought, but is there any chance of finding a rental option. Perhaps google can help narrow something down.

Isn’t Camzilla north of the bridge in Lindfield?

Actually that second linkn Sphere drones sounds best, lots of techs and a huge range of parts in stock . Advertise as fast repairs

In most cases we can have your Mavic repaired in 24 hours. We are based in Newport NSW. Feel free to PM for details. Simon

If you're going to be in Sydney there's a company in the south west called Rise Above. They do repairs but I'm not sure how long they will take and if they have the parts needed (I know they're pretty well stocked) to do the repairs. They're a bit off the beaten track in a suburb called Smeaton Grange near Campbelltown. You'll need a car or taxi to get there. Buy Commercial DJI Drones in Australia - Rise Above

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom