DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Crash - repair options in Europe

Alex K

Reactions
Hey everyone!

You have probably read a thousand threats like this already, but I am really desperate, so here it goes...

I just got my first Mavic last night and unfortunately crashed it...

Long story short: I live near an airport (restricted area) so the GPS and the beginners mode was off. I did the calibrations and removed all the stickers etc. before first flight. I've tried taking off and landing a few times and it was working fine, but once I got a little higher, the Mavic wouldn't land, the land option wasn't working anymore. The drone was tilting to the side, and crashed in to a wall of a building and felt down from 1-2m height. The damages on the drone are not visible, the only thing I've noticed is that the one of four camera fixations was broken ( gimbal ribbon). other that that - not a scratch. I think it might of landed on the gimbal (the gimbal protection clamp was on)... The camera doesn't work anymore, and I get following errors:

- Hardware Malfunction. Contact DJI Supoport for repairs
- Aircraft Motor Overloaded.
- Gimbal is restarting. check that the gimbal rotates smoothly (its not moving)

Needless to say - the crash was my fault. Of course, the beginners mode should of stayed on and I was standing too close to a building.

The question is - how can I fix it now. Unfortunately, I didn't get the DJI Care yet, and it is too late now that the drone is crashed (Or is it?). What are the best ways to repair my mavic? I leave in Geneva, Switzerland and there is no official repair stores around, but there is a few in Europe. If I open a case and send it to DJI, would they fix my mavic even if I dont have the DJI Care and I crashed it because of my fault. If Yes how much would it cost me to replace the gimbal?

Thanks,

Alex

I think it might of landed on the gimbal (the gimbal protection clamp was on)... The camera doesn't work anymore, and I get following errors:

Hi Alex,

Dont know the cost of a new gimbal but it will not cost you an arm and a leg, contact dji for that, they will sort it out.

What i do know is never fly with the gimbal clamp on (as you stated above) it's for transport only!

Not to be a wise crack, (just advice) Fly in beginner mode in an open field away frome no fly zones with good gps reception to get the hang of things first.
The Mavic is a complicated peace of hardware and should be treated that way.

Hope DJI get's you back in the air soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex K
Hi Crusader,

Thanks for your input i really appreciate it.

Yes - already got in touch with DJI Germany, Hopefully I get it repaired fast and not too expensive.
Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the DJI Care Refresh and now its too late to get it.

Question - You mentioned that gimbal clamp has to be removed - are you referring to the the gimbal protector cover (the dome looking thing) or the gimbal clamp (the piece behind the camera that keeps the camera from moving).

thanks,

Alex

Hi Crusader,

Thanks for your input i really appreciate it.

Yes - already got in touch with DJI Germany, Hopefully I get it repaired fast and not too expensive.
Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the DJI Care Refresh and now its too late to get it.

Question - You mentioned that gimbal clamp has to be removed - are you referring to the the gimbal protector cover (the dome looking thing) or the gimbal clamp (the piece behind the camera that keeps the camera from moving).

thanks,

Alex

The clamp has to be removed so the gimbal can do it's propper initializing, and it's best to fly without the dome looking thing so the airvent behind the gimbal has good airflow.

And it is possible to get dji care refresh after the initial 48hrs, look up the terms on the dji site(with instruction video how to).
I't will need you to (after your gimbal repair) film and show dji that your Mavic is in good working order.

Hi - just wanted to update You on the progress. As suggested here, i've sent my broken Mavic to DJI Germany. Everything considered, I was very impressed with the service they provided. It was fast and cheap - all I had to pay was 110 EUR (No DJI care, my crash wasnt covered by any warranty or insurance) and it took less than a month. I found very useful the repair website where You can monitor the progress of the repairs.

Hi - just wanted to update You on the progress. As suggested here, i've sent my broken Mavic to DJI Germany. Everything considered, I was very impressed with the service they provided. It was fast and cheap - all I had to pay was 110 EUR (No DJI care, my crash wasnt covered by any warranty or insurance) and it took less than a month. I found very useful the repair website where You can monitor the progress of the repairs.

This is good to know! Thank you Alex.
Glad that you got it back without hassle and at an acceptable cost.
Fly safe

Hi Alex,

Dont know the cost of a new gimbal but it will not cost you an arm and a leg, contact dji for that, they will sort it out.

What i do know is never fly with the gimbal clamp on (as you stated above) it's for transport only!

Not to be a wise crack, (just advice) Fly in beginner mode in an open field away frome no fly zones with good gps reception to get the hang of things first.
The Mavic is a complicated peace of hardware and should be treated that way.

Hope DJI get's you back in the air soon!

Please help I can make head or tail of this site
Mavic has crashed, it ascended after critical bat alarm only one foot away, RTH couldn't be overiden!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki