DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic defective, DJI support awful.

DSGDSG

Reactions
Turns out my mavic is defective. In addition to remote problems, my camera doesn't work either. Spent a considerable amount of time with support last night with no resolution. Updated firmware, apps, mobile device, changed cords, calibrated, did everything possible. Still nothing. Contacted the vendor I purchased from on Amazon, no reply yet, however I suspect it won't be favorable if they ever do reply to me. Spent an hour with customer support at DJI this morning and their resolution is to send me a replacement, refurbished, which I might have in three weeks. This is entirely unacceptable. I only ever purchased yuneec products just because of the reputation DJI has for support. This time I allow the portability of the mavic to cloud my judgment and I take the $1300 plunge plus all the extra $$ for accessories to accommodate it's use and it turns out DJI manages to bite me in the butt anyway.

I purchased a new product. It doesn't work as advertised, through no fault of my own. I should not be inconvenienced another three weeks and receive a used item as a replacement. I'm supremely disappointed.

A screen shot of my camera's view which starts half way down the display, garbled up and then scrolls up to the top of the ipad mini 4 and then restarts back at the halfway mark of the screen and repeats over and over.
mavic pro screen shot 2.jpg

I don't have much better luck with Yuneec customer service to be honest. I had 4 ST-16 controllers before one which worked, the 2nd and 3rd were reconditioned.

My Mavic is in for repair currently due to a gimbal issue, hoping it comes back OK as so far DJI support for me in Europe has always been pretty good.

Is this a US return?

Yes a US return. My first hefty drone purchase was a Yuneec and when it arrived one of the motors didn't turn on. This was on a friday. I called Yuneec, walked through troubleshooting on the phone and they confirmed it was no good. They overnighted me a new one that day, with Saturday delivery and the next morning I had a brand new replacement. Wasn't even a question. I suppose not everyone will win with Yuneec as you can't please everyone, however I've read enough about DJI to believe that the majority don't win with them.

Score another one for DJI. Undoubetedly the worst customer service on the planet. I think eventually we'll have to start a class action lawsuit to help the guys that have been done a dis-service. I personally would be happy if they just pulled their head out and got their service program on track.

Reactions: Supercae
To be fair I've had 4 experiences of DJI support from here in the UK and 3 were fine, the 4th is still in progress. 1st was a P2 battery which was replaced, the 2nd was a camera problem on a P3 Pro which was fixed, the 3rd a Mavic battery which was replaced and the 4th is a gimbal problem on the Mavic.

I'm more impressed with DJI than Yuneec support. I would also say they're more DJI products in the wild so you are more likely to hear more comments on support purely because of the volumes involved.

Fingers crossed for you that they identify the problem and fix rather than send you a refurb.

my Chroma4k lost connection to the controller and had a gps failure at the exact same time.. crashed into the ocean - they argued that I CRASHED it.. every company seems to have the same crappy service..

Just put in a claim today for my Mavic. Had really bad image issues. So far DJI support has been good. I'm based in the US. Let's see how long it takes to get a resolution and what that resolution is.

my Chroma4k lost connection to the controller and had a gps failure at the exact same time.. crashed into the ocean - they argued that I CRASHED it.. every company seems to have the same crappy service..

You are correct. Every company today wants our hard earned money but doesn't want to freaking EARN it. Screw them.

they rush to make alot of mavics. $1000+ drones. And its defectiveThey need to wake the CEO

Turns out my mavic is defective. In addition to remote problems, my camera doesn't work either. Spent a considerable amount of time with support last night with no resolution. Updated firmware, apps, mobile device, changed cords, calibrated, did everything possible. Still nothing. Contacted the vendor I purchased from on Amazon, no reply yet, however I suspect it won't be favorable if they ever do reply to me. Spent an hour with customer support at DJI this morning and their resolution is to send me a replacement, refurbished, which I might have in three weeks. This is entirely unacceptable. I only ever purchased yuneec products just because of the reputation DJI has for support. This time I allow the portability of the mavic to cloud my judgment and I take the $1300 plunge plus all the extra $$ for accessories to accommodate it's use and it turns out DJI manages to bite me in the butt anyway.

I purchased a new product. It doesn't work as advertised, through no fault of my own. I should not be inconvenienced another three weeks and receive a used item as a replacement. I'm supremely disappointed.

A screen shot of my camera's view which starts half way down the display, garbled up and then scrolls up to the top of the ipad mini 4 and then restarts back at the halfway mark of the screen and repeats over and over.
View attachment 11265
When did you. Uy your mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan