DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

anyone else had this one:

Dear DJI Customer,

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI

Reactions: NoPro
Heliguy has pushed the date to the 28th of November. Jessops has removed all date estimate from their site. What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

at least there's finally some information. All other dealers probably need to adjust their ETAs, given that DJI now only say they are hoping to deliver their first week's worth of pre-orders before Christmas. That must have been a fairly important 'part' that needed replacing.

I guess somewhere along the way they had a discussion of "do we send these out now, knowing there's a fault, and have endless reports of flyaways/whatever, or do we keep everyone waiting and hope the PR damage is less bad?"

They probably chose the correct option in all likelihood. This is a product for the masses, unlike nearly all of their previous products, and it's no good having recalls or reports of failures build up. As it is the irritation about these delays is probably only visible amongst forum-loiterers.

at least there's finally some information. All other dealers probably need to adjust their ETAs, given that DJI now only say they are hoping to deliver their first week's worth of pre-orders before Christmas. That must have been a fairly important 'part' that needed replacing.

I guess somewhere along the way they had a discussion of "do we send these out now, knowing there's a fault, and have endless reports of flyaways/whatever, or do we keep everyone waiting and hope the PR damage is less bad?"

They probably chose the correct option in all likelihood. This is a product for the masses, unlike nearly all of their previous products, and it's no good having recalls or reports of failures build up. As it is the irritation about these delays is probably only visible amongst forum-loiterers.

Very true, crucial part indeed. We'll probably find out what part it was next year. I'll be patient anyway, I sold my P3S in anticipation for this. Droneless now. It's getting too cold in the uk now to fly anyway. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

SO we guessing new year drones for all then!! LOL oh and now they are likely to announce the release of an Inspire 2 just for Christmas. OMG in all the years of being shafted by corporates this beats them all.

Who did you order from and when?

Just checked Amazon UK and the listing now shows no release date altogether. This must have been updated over the last few hours, following DJI's update, as earlier this morning it was still set to Nov 16th.
When Amazon last pushed back the date from 4th to 16th the change was not immediately applied to my order, so if you did order from Amazon UK you might want to brace yourself for another email apology..

Who did you order from and when?

fad310cb7cee1ca158cf6d2695f798a1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
I would be amazed is this turns out well for the seller.

Hacked PayPal account, posting same day for next day delivery and the hottest item on eBay .....

And then handling support if it does go to a genuine buyer, especially if they pay by PayPal
Yep, eBay is a seller's nightmare now, totally biased towards buyers. Cash in hand would be the only safe way here..

45 minute chat (how sad am I?). Finally the rep agreed to refer this to their products team to investigate and see whether Tech Trial have actual confirmation of delivery or it's more guesswork and speculation. Don't hold your breath but will report back if I hear anything.. I just don't want to get to next week wondering whether it's going to arrive or not and then be let down again.

So Amazon..

What I suspect has happened today is that they have discovered that the UK Drone Store won't be fulfilling any orders and have put this back as not released without any date. I have been speaking to Tech Trial and they don't have my order for the combo nor I suspect anybody else's as they are only bringing in the base model and they don't have a confirmed shipment date even for that.

Long story short, forget any hopes that Amazon EU, or any other sellers on Amazon, are any better placed than anybody else in the UK, probably worse actually.

Oh, and don't tell anybody, but I got a month's free extension to my Prime membership, scant consolation..

If you're anything like me the cost of that prime membership is nothing to compared to what one spends buying stuff on Amazon :lol:

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc