DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic destroying phones?

I clamp the top 1/3 of my phone with the bottom of the clamps. This leaves a space between phone and remote, and my micro usb on the phone is completely exposed. I use a 1 ft Anker usb cable from the bottom port on remote.

If you haven't tried Anker cables, do yourself a favor. It practically locks in.

The problem is that micro-usb is just a very weak plug. They went too far in reducing size and designed a weak monster.
USB-C might be the better option in the future (some phones already use this) as it is a better and stronger design.
Apple's lightning connector is also a lot stronger as it is a much simpler design.

If you want to avoid problems with connectors try to avoid devices using micro-usb!!

Just recently traded my iPad for a new one as the micro port was loose and unable to get a charge in.
Agree it's a weak point, probably best to leave cable in all time and unplug from USB port.

I tried using the usb port on the remote and pluging to my iphone, and no connection. Is there something to change or turn on for this to work?
Using the plug from the micro plug is giving me the s@)ts.

I tried using the usb port on the remote and pluging to my iphone, and no connection. Is there something to change or turn on for this to work?
Using the plug from the micro plug is giving me the s@)ts.
Make sure the side cable is completely detached from the controller otherwise the a USB port will not work.

bc069baccc77738ad975861df4285072.jpg

Picked these two up from ebay for about $10 and u use the bottom usb on controller.
It swivels and bends
Why the need for swivel parts? Can it withdraw daily basis use?
I purchased a 20cm curved cable and had no issues. And I don't need to mess with that plastic clip anymore.

Attachments

• 20170405_185121.jpg
    20170405_185121.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
Why the need for swivel parts? Can it withdraw daily basis use?
I purchased a 20cm curved cable and had no issues. And I don't need to mess with that plastic clip anymore.

Can you tell me where you got your cable from?

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case i had numerous phones where the port got lose from daily charging. Best would be to get a right angle cable and seat it as solid as you can. But again the design of the port itself sucks because there is VERY little anchoring it to the motherboard.

printed circuit assembly

Last edited:
Bold statement. I'd suggest purchasing an Apple IPad mini 4 or an iPhone 7+. Not one problem when these devices link up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard