DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC DID NOT RESPOND TO RETURN TO HOME COMMAND

When you take off or even just before you take off you should hear the app say "the home point has been recorded, please check it on the map".

I don't take off until I hear that. Then after you take off, always makes sure to hover 10 feet or so over the takeoff point to insure a good image for precision landing.

So helpful all thanks. Multiple mistakes punctuated.
1. PRESSED NOT HELD. GUILTY
2. STARTING MOTORS WITHOUT TRYING TO READ INFOMATION ON POORLY "LIT" SCREEN. GUILTY
3. NOT WATCHING REAR LIGHT TO STOP FLASHING. GUILTY
It's like having you guys out on the field coaching me.
Can't express my appreciation for the time and effort you all put in to help the newbees like me.
I'll become a better pilot in spite of myself, all because of the help I receive from this very essential and addictive by necessity, Forum

Dont sweat it as there is lots to learn. Thats why we have a forum of helpful people that have had those moments as well and have learned from them. I did the same thing as you on some of my early flights. Just quickly pressed the RTH button and nothing . Then a lightbulb went off and I recalled something I read in the manual that stated Press and Hold. I did that and the Mavic Pro returned to home as it should. Thats why I immediately recognised the scenario that was presented here.

I guess they call that "experience". :p

Dont sweat it as there is lots to learn. Thats why we have a forum of helpful people that have had those moments as well and have learned from them. I did the same thing as you on some of my early flights. Just quickly pressed the RTH button and nothing . Then a lightbulb went off and I recalled something I read in the manual that stated Press and Hold. I did that and the Mavic Pro returned to home as it should. Thats why I immediately recognised the scenario that was presented here.

I guess they call that "experience". :p
All great advise. You might help me further. I need to do a repair on one of the front legs. It got bent when I crashed. Do you know of a Mavic spares place online or Near Ha?
Regards David

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak