DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic dilemma: What would you do?

Andrew, the ones I know of did, yes, place an order with Newegg. Then for some reason cancelled. A couple of people told me they cancelled as they were under the impression it was in stock, it said 3-5 days to ship so they ordered. After they ordered they found out they were not in stock and it would be quite awhile before they shipped. So they cancelled their orders. They all received confirmation that their order was cancelled. Then a couple of weeks later these people have Mavics delivered to their door. Their Newegg account shows no order history of it. All people I know that received them showed that their order was successfully cancelled and all received email saying the same that their order was cancelled.

I know - it's crazy
Andrew, the ones I know of did, yes, place an order with Newegg. Then for some reason cancelled. A couple of people told me they cancelled as they were under the impression it was in stock, it said 3-5 days to ship so they ordered. After they ordered they found out they were not in stock and it would be quite awhile before they shipped. So they cancelled their orders. They all received confirmation that their order was cancelled. Then a couple of weeks later these people have Mavics delivered to their door. Their Newegg account shows no order history of it. All people I know that received them showed that their order was successfully cancelled and all received email saying the same that their order was cancelled.

I know - it's crazy
Major inventory software issue for Newegg sounds like. Hope they get it figured out.

Major inventory software issue for Newegg sounds like. Hope they get it figured out.
Andrew, I don't believe it had anything to do with Newegg as DJI was just using Newegg as a storefront. DJI was putting inventory out there. And we didn't cancel with Newegg but rather Newegg's marketplace and Newegg confirmed this. When I put in my request to cancel both orders the request was confirmed and the confirmation email stated "Seller cancelled order." But the items were shipped by DJI. Also, what might be of interest because the order was cancelled I never received any shipping email or tracking number. It just showed up unexpectedly.

Hi I don't know about other Copany's but I get all my photographic gear from WEX, Great Company and they will only charge
when the Product is in store ready for despach, they send me an e-mail, and could also give me a ring, for my Credit Card Details
Cheers Geoffer's

Like many of you, I made multiple orders at different stores for my Mavic. Eventually I got one at an apple store and proceeded to cancel all of my other orders. Then on Wednesday another Mavic showed up at my door! I was never charged for this Mavic! It was shipped from DJI so I believe it's my newegg order. What would you do? Contact newegg, contact dji, keep it, sell it?

If you keep it and didn't pay for it, it is stealing. The accounting department will eventually figure it out. I would call them and arrange to return it. Or you can sell it and call Newegg and tell them to charge your credit card.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone would feel bad for a 10 billion dollar Chinese company

It's more about not being a PoS thief than feeling bad for DJI.

I'd make an effort to return it, but that's me. We each have to live with our own actions.

Like many of you, I made multiple orders at different stores for my Mavic. Eventually I got one at an apple store and proceeded to cancel all of my other orders. Then on Wednesday another Mavic showed up at my door! I was never charged for this Mavic! It was shipped from DJI so I believe it's my newegg order. What would you do? Contact newegg, contact dji, keep it, sell it?
Call Newegg and have them charge you for it. Put it on ebay and sell it quickly. Do a 3 day or 5 day auction. That's what I'm doing and it's already about $1200 with a day left on the auction and about 50 people watching it.

All you people are too nice. In the closet for a month to make sure no charge shows up then to eBay it goes.

If it's your neighbors and got sent to the wrong address then by all means give it back to him but if a company makes an accounting error in your favor then I say you're good to go.

I agree. Corporations screw people over left and right on a daily basis. Newegg is about to make a kajillion dollars over Christmas. This isn't even a drop in the bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Chase R
I agree. Corporations screw people over left and right on a daily basis. Newegg is about to make a kajillion dollars over Christmas. This isn't even a drop in the bucket.

I'm not big anti-Corporation or anything but they aren't paying $1000 for it and the whole thing is a write off.

Had a similar situation happen to me with a laptop a few years ago. It was an insurance replacement and the lady on the phone tried to give me a cheaper model then gave me a whole lotta attitude when I argued with her. Two laptops showed up on my door step a few weeks later. Better believe that second one went straight to eBay.

There are 2 parts on this one. There is Newegg and there is the Newegg marketplace. That marketplace is where DJI is selling their stuff. They use Newegg as the website to sell their stuff. Newegg probably charges DJI for that usage and maybe some on top of that for the sales but the billing is not going to Newegg. It's going to the Newegg Marketplace.

I received a reply from newegg yesterday. They forwarded this message to dji...

We have a customer requesting an order status update. I have included the customer in this email notification and their order details are listed below.

Customer#
Sales order#

Customer had placed order on 11/15/2016 customer contacted us wanting to void out the order. The order was voided out the customer was not charged for this item however, the customer still received this item. Can you please respond to this email with a solution to for the customer.

Please reply directly to the customer with updates as soon as possible.

Then dji replied with...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please kindly use the attached shipping label to return it?

I am under the understanding that those that received the Mavic without being charged are the ones that ordered, then cancelled. Then the Mavic shows up. If they never charged any orders that shipped, which I doubt, DJI could go back and just charge them. They can't charge you however for an order that is confirmed as being cancelled just because they shipped it.

It's the law in the U.S.: If a company sends you something you didn't order or already canceled, you don't have to pay for it. But it's yours if they gave it to you. At least that's how I understand it to work.

It's the law in the U.S.: If a company sends you something you didn't order or already canceled, you don't have to pay for it. But it's yours if they gave it to you. At least that's how I understand it to work.
That's not all correct. If they intentionally send you something that you never ordered then yes you can consider it a gift. If on the other hand a mistake was made then they can attempt to recover it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo