DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic dilemma: What would you do?

Ddperdue

Reactions
Like many of you, I made multiple orders at different stores for my Mavic. Eventually I got one at an apple store and proceeded to cancel all of my other orders. Then on Wednesday another Mavic showed up at my door! I was never charged for this Mavic! It was shipped from DJI so I believe it's my newegg order. What would you do? Contact newegg, contact dji, keep it, sell it?

Reactions: Geoffer's
If something arrives in the mail that you didn't order or pay for then it's legally a gift. You are under no obligations to do anything.

If something arrives in the mail that you didn't order or pay for then it's legally a gift. You are under no obligations to do anything.
But that is for when they INTENTIONALLY send you something. It is a completely different story when something was sent by an accident. And yes there have been a number of people that have ordered from Newegg, decided to cancel their orders, received a cancellation confirmation, and then the mavic, batteries or both were still shipped without being charged. I wouldn't be surprised if Newegg/DJI looked into it and resubmitted the charge to the CC

I would confirm that you're not being charged for a couple weeks before assuming it's all good. They may ship out an RMA box/sticker to reclaim the merchandise and it's up to your sense of morality as to whether to send it back. To adjust what bdunn13 said, according to USA regulations,

If something arrives by USPS, You are under no legal obligations to do anything.

If it came by FedEx or UPS or some other courier, they can definitely try to hassle you for misappropriating a package... it might not be worth the fight.

I don't know however if they can charge your credit card after you have cancelled your order and have received confirmation that the order has been cancelled. Because at that point you do not have an order with them and they accidentally ship you the Mavic. Like Halley says maybe they will just try to recover the merchandise. I know 3 people who cancelled, were not charged and still received their Mavics. Ddperdue you make the 4th.

Wow. Call me old fashioned but I wouldn't even dream of keeping it. Just a matter of who to return it to. You ordered it. It didn't randomly show up. Maybe you are the one who made the mistake.

You are right. That's what I was thinking. But there's that other voice that thought it might be fun to stick it to dji for treating its customers so poorly.

Andrew, the ones I know of did, yes, place an order with Newegg. Then for some reason cancelled. A couple of people told me they cancelled as they were under the impression it was in stock, it said 3-5 days to ship so they ordered. After they ordered they found out they were not in stock and it would be quite awhile before they shipped. So they cancelled their orders. They all received confirmation that their order was cancelled. Then a couple of weeks later these people have Mavics delivered to their door. Their Newegg account shows no order history of it. All people I know that received them showed that their order was successfully cancelled and all received email saying the same that their order was cancelled.

I know - it's crazy

So they cancelled their orders. They all received confirmation that their order was cancelled. Then a couple of weeks later these people have Mavics delivered to their door. Their Newegg account shows no order history of it. All people I know that received them showed that their order was successfully cancelled and all received email saying the same that their order was cancelled.

I know - it's crazy

This is my situation exactly. No history of the order, cancellation confirmation, no charge.

You are right. That's what I was thinking. But there's that other voice that thought it might be fun to stick it to dji for treating its customers so poorly.
So who would it be fun for besides you? I am waiting for mine still. By keeping it and not returning it you are, in my opinion, just taking a drone away from one of us that are awaiting for ours. Do with it what you want, just hope you have a good and clear conscious in your final decision. Happy flying to you..

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Reactions: Romi
I am a victim of this as well. I ordered a Mavic around the middle of Nov. Then batteries came in stock so I ordered those in a separate order. When I ordered they said 3-5 days shipping. Fine. Then I found out it would be much later. So I requested a cancellation of both orders stating I would not be home then as I plan to be gone for over 4 months. I received 3 cancellation confirmations, one for both orders and one for each individual order.The day I was leaving I got a FedEx package and assumed it was my Christmas present from my friends in Germany which I always have to sign for. So I head out of town. Then my neighbor said I had a FedEX notice on my door. So I requested them to send it to a close by FedEx facility which they did and I picked it up last night. It was the battery shipment from Newegg. I contacted my neighbor and asked him to check the FedEx Package that I thought was my Christmas present from Germany and it was a Mavic. I sent Newegg Marketplace an email as I know a number of people that have had this happen to them. I also contacted my credit union and have a fraud alert set up on my credit card account and I get texted of any and all charges to my credit card. I can refuse the charge per my credit union being I have cancelled confirmation of both orders.

Now the hard part is I am gone until late April / early May. I replied back to Newegg Marketplace regarding their screwup and told them I will be gone til late April. Yes, I will return but it will be on my schedule and not theirs as they have caused me enough wasted time and energy already.

I contacted newegg as well but have not heard back yet. It's insane that people are waiting months for their orders while cancelled orders are being sent out.

Yes, I agree it is the right thing to do. Like they say "What goes around comes around." I will let you know what I hear from Newegg Marketplace as well whenever they reply.

HI guy's Geoffer's here I just joined this forum and like counless members out there are still waiting for their Mavics, mine due in February 2017or 2018 not sure LOL
I am based in Lincolnshire, so if anyone would like to meet up, I would be pleased to hear from you, South East of Lincoln near Horncastle, Cheers, oh by the way I would send it back, too mutch Guilty conscience.

I thought all of the DJI orders charged your credit card upfront?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78