DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Distance

papopagan

Reactions
I was always a phantom user but now I bought a mavic recently. Today I wanted to get away and I went up to 15,000 feet I could get more but I did not dare because the battery was 69% I received it with 37% but I would like to know if someone has taken more distance without any kind of problem.IMG_2328.JPG

I bought a Mavic Pro platinum and I am still waiting for it to come in the mail but I saw videos in YouTube and the Mavic in my opinion is the best or one of the best drones for long distance. There is not other drones, including the phantoms with the occusyn technology.

I bought a Mavic Pro platinum and I am still waiting for it to come in the mail but I saw videos in YouTube and the Mavic in my opinion is the best or one of the best drones for long distance. There is not other drones, including the phantoms with the occusyn technology.

Ok but you are talking about the transmission technology and you are right, but in wind reliability I think the phantom is much better because it is heavier, it has bigger props and bigger engines in my opinion.

Reactions: William Ball
Ok but you are talking about the transmission technology and you are right, but in wind reliability I think the phantom is much better because it is heavier, it has bigger props and bigger engines in my opinion.
That's true, phantoms can resist 15 to 25 mph winds without issues while the Mavic can resist winds with much less intensity. I am not sure how much wind speed the Mavic can resist. Will have to search for it.

Looks like the Mavic is closed in power resistance as the phantoms. They can resist up to 20mph winds. It looks like dji don’t recommend to go over 22mph.

That's true, phantoms can resist 15 to 25 mph winds without issues while the Mavic can resist winds with much less intensity. I am not sure how much wind speed the Mavic can resist. Will have to search for it.

They are very sensitive to the wind every time they pops the Warning of “Stong Winds Fly with Caution”

Reactions: macoman
Looks like the Mavic is closed in power resistance as the phantoms. They can resist up to 20mph winds. It looks like dji don’t recommend to go over 22mph.

True but I do not trust much in the Mavic they are skeletons in the air jajajaja.

They can disappeared easily at long distance. What I like of the Mavic Pro platinum is been much more quieter. This will make less noise and will not bother birds that can easily attack the drone like hawks, eagles, gees, etc.

Reactions: papopagan
I was always a phantom user but now I bought a mavic recently. Today I wanted to get away and I went up to 15,000 feet I could get more but I did not dare because the battery was 69% I received it with 37% but I would like to know if someone has taken more distance without any kind of problem.View attachment 34484

current stock distance record posted on this forum is 28,215 feet. Those distances require a lot of planning and waiting for ideal conditions.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez