DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Drifted away in Active Track - log

ShonnyRotten

Reactions
Hello,

Can you please check the log here?
My Mavic did something VERY strange today.

I chose Profile Active Track - ran fast, it chased me, after i stopped but Mavic didn't. It started flying back, like it was profiling me, but i wasn't moving. It almost hit the tree. Stopped somewhere close to the place it took off. By that time i already had RC in my hands so i took control.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

ACtive track that starts at 06:00 mark.
Please check.

Strange that it thinks it was doing a Quickshot, which ended at 9m1.2s, and decided to head to start point. Seems like a software bugs? Maybe worth reporting to DJI.

You were pushing the right stick and the drone responded accordingly.

@364 you start the tracking shot in question.
@405 the tracking shot ends. and the drone stops moving.
@440 the drone starts moving for ~30 seconds because of your stick inputs.
@468 the drone stops moving again
@483 you start another tracking shot
NJMpu1X.png

You were pushing the right stick and the drone responded accordingly.

@364 you start the tracking shot in question.
@405 the tracking shot ends. and the drone stops moving.
@440 the drone starts moving for ~30 seconds because of your stick inputs.
@468 the drone stops moving again
@483 you start another tracking shot
NJMpu1X.png
That is very strange. Because at that moment RC was sitting on the bench. No way i could have been moving any sticks because i was moving away from that bench.
Very confused.
+ I didnt do any active tracks after that.

You should never leave your Mavic to be controlled by raccoons and squirrels! :D

Reactions: jc44224
ARE you sure it wasn't a PHANTOM 3? get it phantom ok I wont take up comedy, I'm glad you got your bird back, good luck

That is very strange. Because at that moment RC was sitting on the bench.

First of all: don't ever leave your controller lying around during an automated flight! ALWAYS keep the controller with you. That way you can quickly take control, and make sure other people (or animals) can mess with it.

Haha))))
But srsly, what could have been? Why did it go back?

below what might have happened:

1: the log shows the tracking mode was activated 13 times, divided into 4 blocks (greenish areas in the graph.) it looks like you were trying to learn the tracking feature. looking at the movements on the map I think you made 3-4 successful shots, but it took a lot of attempts to get it set up properly each time and you accidental activated it a couple times right after stopping a successful shot.

2: what happened at the requested 6 min mark (360sec) is clear and I described it for you in my previous post. However this does not line up with your story.

3: combining those two points I suspect that the actual issue you described happened around 9:30 min (580sec) into the flight. At that timestamp most of what you told makes sense.

@553 you just finished a tracking shot.
@556-585 the drone is moving away backwards (purple arrow in the log & map)
you did not make any control inputs during this time.
the drone is heading straight from some trees (left side of the map).

The reason this happened was because @556 seconds, just 3 seconds after ending the previous tracking, a new tracking started. unlike what you say, even after this moment there are two long tracking shots. but at those the movements don't like up with your story. the movements look like those might have been unintentional as well.

RIDYHaW.png

It’s amazing how people remind things. ICam only imagine all the things in my life that I thought happened that maybe didn’t happen that way. Luckily I have my wife to tell me what really happened...

Reactions: jc44224
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat