DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Flight from PA to NJ

Jake Galloway

Reactions
Still pretty new to editing, so go easy on me! I took the Mavic down to a stadium not too far from me and flew over the water to New Jersey. The range on this thing is incredible, I had perfect streaming with no signal loss the entire flight.

I'm bringing my Mavic to Delaware for the weekend for my first real flying outside of Brooklyn.
This video really got me in the spirit!

Nice! I haven't done a flight across state lines yet. That reminds me of my youth when I bought an Aerobie flying ring. The manual had a kind of challenge checklist for distance throws. Across a river to another state was one of them. They also had across a body of water to another country. Each of these challenges had to be hand thrown and hand caught. This was way before crossing borders was as complicated as it is these days. These challenges would be MUCH easier with the range and control of a quadcopter. I'll have to dig up that book and see how many challenges I can do now.

wow!!! i think your footage looks incredible! I take this bridge every year to wildwood haha. There is so many crappy quality videos of the mavic out of focus on youtube it makes the camera really look bad. Then i see footage like this and i do not have the feeling i should of went with P4P. What settings did you use and did you do any correction in editing on this video? Did you constantly have to focus when filming this?

With the newest iteration of the firmware the Mavic Pro automatically focuses once the record button is pressed so pilots no longer have the worry of forgetting to focus.

wow!!! i think your footage looks incredible! I take this bridge every year to wildwood haha. There is so many crappy quality videos of the mavic out of focus on youtube it makes the camera really look bad. Then i see footage like this and i do not have the feeling i should of went with P4P. What settings did you use and did you do any correction in editing on this video? Did you constantly have to focus when filming this?

The focusing was only done once. I have the C1 button set to focus, so once I take off I just focus on the horizon and its set for the entire flight. For color correction I didn't have to do much, I just used the Final Cut Auto Enhance since the fall colors are pretty dull lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venture3344555