DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic flying off balance

MavicPilot

Reactions
Hi folks,

I did not see this posted anywhere and I wanted to see if an IMU re-calibration is the suggestion?

Since I got my quad I noticed the video/photos were quite a bit off and then I had a fly-away (indoors) against a wall. We did not have great weather so she stayed stowed away and I took her out this weekend. So, long story short I noticed when we were face-to-face she was leaning between 5-10 degrees(guess) on the left side (her right).

If it was my P3A then I would just go for it, but I remember seeing the warnings that IMU is not required and could cause issues.

It struggled a bit in the wind, but it pushed through and she stays pretty level. Blades are perfect and I have always hand caught it.

Appreciate the guidance.

It would help to see a video of what it's doing. Flying off balance could mean a world of things and be caused by many things. If the drone itself tilting or is it just the camera gimbal? If the drone itself is not flying level, could be one of your motors was damaged when you hit and is not putting out proper RPM to keep up with the others. It could also be that one of your arms is bent and affecting the thrust line. You should take a good close look at the entire drone to make sure nothing is bent or broken.

Since I got my quad I noticed the video/photos were quite a bit off
Please explain what you mean by off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21