DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic FPV

Jackie Leung

Reactions
I know there are many posts about this topic already.
However, I'm still a little confused with this.

From my understanding, I can get a pair of cheap VR googles (those $20 ones from Amazon), link between my phone and the Mavic RC, and use it alongside with Litchi app to get the FPV. Is this correct?

Many thanks.

Just make sure you can connect properly... You will have about a .22 second latency (lag time) which will seem like an eternity if you are used to the conventional FPV downlink setups. Just be careful in close quarters flying...

Can these be used with my Mavic Pro? I have an Samsung G7 Edge to use with my controller. Would you recommend something else? The googles for Mavic are coming soon but should be very good but expensive. Any advise you can offer would be appreciated. I am a new newbie with Mavic Pro coming in a week.

Samsung Gear VR 2016 - Virtual Reality Headset Black (SM-R323) - Latest Edition for Galaxy S7, S7 edge, Note 5, S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge (International Version) Under $100

Nope, the Gear VR uses the USB port so you can't connect the phone to the radio (at least not without modding).

Just make sure you can connect properly... You will have about a .22 second latency (lag time) which will seem like an eternity if you are used to the conventional FPV downlink setups. Just be careful in close quarters flying...

Referring to Litchi Vue or just the cable in FPV mode (in the Litchi app)?

Can these be used with my Mavic Pro? I have an Samsung G7 Edge to use with my controller. Would you recommend something else? The googles for Mavic are coming soon but should be very good but expensive. Any advise you can offer would be appreciated. I am a new newbie with Mavic Pro coming in a week.

Samsung Gear VR 2016 - Virtual Reality Headset Black (SM-R323) - Latest Edition for Galaxy S7, S7 edge, Note 5, S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge (International Version) Under $100
Jimmie. Just a friendly suggestion for you. No need to use extra large print for your entire post or the bold. You left such a big gap between your first paragraph and the big bold second paragraph, I almost thought your second paragraph was your signature. All of that is just unnecessary and confusing. There are lots of active helpful members here. Your questions will get answered without all of that. Not trying to tell you what to do. Just trying to be helpful.

What you want to do is get cheap VR goggles on amazon that can hold your Galaxy S7. You will use Litchi on your Galaxy S7. You will need to use the FPV mode within the Litchi app. Your Galaxy S7 will display a double image (one for each eye). So, you will be wearing the VR goggles and your Galaxy S7 is the screen inside the goggles.

Last edited:

You can with some modifying. You have to drill a hole for the cable on the clasp that has no usb. Then you can fit the phone in under the usb clasp and plug into cable.
2c8bf3dff9c92a2e9d687986b34b4eb3.jpg

Reactions: Jimmie Hanson
You can with some modifying. You have to drill a hole for the cable on the clasp that has no usb. Then you can fit the phone in under the usb clasp and plug into cable.
2c8bf3dff9c92a2e9d687986b34b4eb3.jpg
What if I need reading glasses? Which I do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan