DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimball plate replacement in UK

I raise you one...our new models are now in carbon fiber :)
Nice work my friend...either way..as long as people are happy we are happy! Just thought it would make for a good smile.

Hey guys, I broke my gimbal plate too. Do you think it is possible to ship one of them to Chile?
[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

bf674a1885a01c9abe4e16fefe939815.jpg
replaced mine today, works fine.

What material is it made of?

i am excited by the generousity of this community.... Going back to my issue, i want to share with you my experience: Sent the toy back to DJI, got a quick feedback, with a pro-forma invoice of around 225 not specified which currency (i guess euro) cost . the split was 170 for the gimbal & camera replacement, 4.13 for middle frame which i think is the gimball plate, 0.83 for the top cover and 50 for service charge. I am 99% sure my gimbal was perfect, and no replacement was needed, but who am i to say that? the sweet part of the story is the dji offered to perform the repair for free! in my opinion the technician 1) realised i had probably 90 seconds of fly on that machine, and that 2) the replacement part is literally a piece of plastic which is getting broken too easily and worth too little to charge 225 euro a client... Waiting to receive back my toy, lesson learnt, will start from 0, from basic, and will turn the machine on only on open air space going fw! wish everyone a great day

Reactions: nandodemarchi
FYI - we were able to duplicate this item via 3D printing at our facility and can send you the specs for free! We tested it multiple times and will be positing a video asap with the installation and how well it went. The final revision is slightly different in that it is smoother on all sides! It works well!
Did you manage to make video how to replace the plate? Also was wondering if you are selling spare ones anywherE?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb